SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Mildred Pierce Heads up Saturday on TCM
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mildred Pierce Heads up Saturday on TCM Login/Join 
posted
Excellent film. Stunning performance by Joan Crawford. Perfect for Mother's Day.{Sarcasm}

A divorced woman opens a restaurant business and raises a child. Remember this is 1945, not exactly the pinnacle of the Women's Movement.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ZSMICHAEL,

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Very, very good film.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tgtshuter
posted Hide Post
This IS a great film! My wife had me watch it several years ago, and I've seen it several times.

I'm not a big Joan Crawford fan, but she's good in this, and has a great supporting cast all around.

BTW, this is TCM's Noir Alley selection for this week, so it's showing midnight Saturday, and 10 a.m. Sunday (ET). So you get a great movie, and Eddie Muller's commentary. Cool

Posts: 711 | Location: SC, USA | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For those of us shut ins who do not have TCM, here's the full free movie:

https://archive.org/details/MildredPierceClassicFilm

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post