SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Louis Armstrong: St. James Infirmary
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Louis Armstrong: St. James Infirmary Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted

Posts: 108937 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I’ve heard many versions of this song, but I’ve never heard it played as a dirge. Sounds authentic New Orleans though.

Posts: 13547 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
secure the Blessings of Liberty
Picture of rackrack
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed that.

Posts: 1463 | Location: NC | Registered: February 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Louis was/is the best!

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3792 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
Thanks! That was very good!

Posts: 6714 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
While Louis Armstrong's version is my favorite, I always wished Screamin' Jay Hawkins would have covered this.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44405 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post