Find
Notify
Tools

A Dog's Purpose Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted
If you can watch this one with a dry eye, you're a better man than I.

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I feel that way about the first 10 minutes of UP.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
Mrs Highlander and I watched it last night. Good movie but tough to watch as Bailey is the same breed as the one we lost a few months ago.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2386 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree, this is a good, but difficult, movie to watch for anyone who has had to say goodbye to their dog. Through the whole movie I kept thinking of my much loved Cocker Spaniel and how much he is still missed.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I LOVE dogs but can't watch a movie like this. Frown

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by marksman41:
I agree, this is a good, but difficult, movie to watch for anyone who has had to say goodbye to their dog. Through the whole movie I kept thinking of my much loved Cocker Spaniel and how much he is still missed.

I was laying on the couch watching it with my Golden. About every ten minutes or so he'd get up, walk over, sit down next to the couch and lay his head down across my chest for a "hug". Then he'd go lay down and watch it again for awhile (he's hilarious at how he really pays attention to dogs on the TV). He's eight this year and a big dog, so we're on the downhill side with him. When I had to put down my last Golden it really wounded me, this one I don't even want to think about.

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
I LOVE dogs but can't watch a movie like this. Frown

No kidding, its hard enough to watch the trailer. Couldn't imagine actually watching the movie.

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
I feel that way about the first 10 minutes of UP.

Holy crap. Me too..I candle handle UP.

Not many things make me tear up, and that damn cartoon did.

I'm not watching A Dog's Purpose!

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Watched it on our recent Disney cruise. It was touching, especially if you're a dog lover.

Posts: 6009 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the warning, won't watch.

Posts: 1253 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Don't take the OP as a warning to not watch it. It's a wonderful movie. Just very touching. But then...I'm a softy when it comes to pooches.

Scientific Beer Geek
posted Hide Post
I had the same reaction when I watched Hachi, a dog's story. I also happen to have an Akita and that movie brought me to tears.

Mike

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2079 | Location: Philadelphia Suburbs | Registered: August 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
I had the same reaction when I watched Hachi, a dog's story

We have Akitas and my wife worked at a Akita show kennel here in NH who was asked to supply the dog's for that movie. they refused.

She would not watch that movie.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I thought Hachi was a far sadder movie. I totally enjoyed A Dogs Purpose. Sad, yes it is but very well done.

Yep, my 7 year old Goldendoodle had to come over for a hug every 15 minutes or so. If he is reincarnated, I want him again.

Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4223 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post