SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Netflix original movie- How it Ends. Just released.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Netflix original movie- How it Ends. Just released. Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I keep surfing by this and wondering if I should check it out.

Now I know.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15223 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armored:
Seems like 9/10ths of the Netflix produced stuff leaves you wondering why you wasted your time watching it, low budget,formula,content.
I'm VERY wary now about Netflix "entertainment" BEFORE I start to watch.

^ This. I now google any potential Netflix film to see reviews prior to watching. The production level is always on the low side with a few exceptions. I liked Mudbound and the Outsider. And my favorite series the Trailer Park Boys.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12626 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phelen_Kell:
I had it on in the background while doing laundry and vacuuming. It didn't hold my interest other than watching the SIG.

But what did your husband think of it?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
quote:
Seems like 9/10ths of the Netflix produced stuff leaves you wondering why you wasted your time watching it, low budget,formula,content.

^ This. I now google any potential Netflix film to see reviews prior to watching. The production level is always on the low side with a few exceptions. I liked Mudbound and the Outsider. And my favorite series the Trailer Park Boys.

There are thousands of older movies we would all love to see.

But they keep making all this new crap. Why? It must be tons cheaper than paying for the rights to broadcast the old stuff we would MUCH rather watch.

Yes - they show some old movies like The Godfather - but their selection is way skewed to lots and lots of crap made in the last few years by no-name actors, silly plots and poor effects.

------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
quote:
quote:

There are thousands of older movies we would all love to see.

But they keep making all this new crap. Why? It must be tons cheaper than paying for the rights to broadcast the old stuff we would MUCH rather watch.

Yes - they show some old movies like The Godfather - but their selection is way skewed to lots and lots of crap made in the last few years by no-name actors, silly plots and poor effects.

Of the movies that have come out in the past 20 years or so I think I've seen all that are "good" or at least critically acclaimed unless it's a genre I just can't get into like slasher movies, over complicated SciFi and most ROMCOMs. That doesn't mean I don't enjoy rewatching some of the really good ones now and again, but there are different avenues (Tons available on Amazon Prime) if you just want to rewatch classics. Netflix putting out original movies is a good thing in my book. There track record good to poor is probably less that 50% but sometimes there's a good one in the mix. I think HBO's at the top of the heap when it comes to made for TV original content, and even at that they only have two or three per year that really shine.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
Well, I didn't see this thread until after trying to watch it. Coincidentally, it was the same evening our 3 new recliners were delivered. I had a good nap at least.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Try “The Outsider.” It’s post WWII Japan and Jared Leto plays an outsider than gets into the Yakuza. It was a good watch for me but I like Yakuza and Mob films. It’s a Netflix Original so I wasn’t expecting much but was pleasantly surprised. There is 20 something Japanese gal in it that’s real easy on the eyes too.

I would have to check how many minutes I made it into that one, but it wasn't many. Based on that, and this thread, I'll surely give How it Ends a miss, thanks guys.

Posts: 17122 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
I can tell you one reason these disaster/dystopian movies bomb... Most of the scriptwriters for these movies are from Los Angeles, NYC or general big city.
Not only have they never been exposed to/handled a gun/knife/axe/tools in general, many of them have never worked on a car, built a fire... you get the idea. I always see these books/movies as a mental challenge to think "what would I do in that situation?".
When I see a character in a similar scenario and pass up all of these viable supplies and equipment, I know the writer has no prepper skills whatsoever... (Also makes you wonder if they ever played any games as this is elemental to game success).

Kinda like the politician that thought a firearm magazine was thrown away after you expended the rounds.

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Yes, bad, don’t be wasting time watching this.

Posts: 6158 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the warning, guys!
I won't waste my time.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Just finished it.
I did not find it terrible. Not great but worth a single watch.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25418 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post