SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Any Xbox Series S players in the house?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any Xbox Series S players in the house? Login/Join 
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted
I live in Argentina where the Xbox is almost inexistant and MS has never bothered to change that.
Regardless, i've owned the Original, 360 and now a One. Uded to buy 12 months Gold pass with some difficulty but now i have been forced to join Ultimate.

The new generation, as all the previous ones, is hard to find. Prices are twice as much as in the US and the almost unavailable Series X is close to $1500. The S sells for $500 if i'm not mistaken.

Question is, is there a good reason to move from the One to the Series S if i don't have a 4k TV?
Do you regret not buying a Series X?

Discuss.

PS: i do have a 4k TV available, quite big for my place and haven't found an excuse to bring it home yet. Was hoping to update my HT but they sold out a year ago and importing is a big no-no with the clowns at the helm. THAT would be the first reason to use the 4k TV and buy the new XBox. Doing fine with the One for the time being.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12108 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dan03833
posted Hide Post
Im still waiting, I refuse to pay $1200 for a console that should retail for $500.

Posts: 1538 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: February 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Is it that expensive in the US?
Thought you could find it under $600...

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12108 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dan03833
posted Hide Post
Yes, third party resellers are price gouging.

Posts: 1538 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: February 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I bought two Series S consoles direct from Microsoft when they first came out.

Gave my son one and sold the other at cost to a coworker for her kids' Christmas present.

I still had my Project Scorpio so I wasn't making the switch.

I ended up grabbing a Series X from Walmart at retail price thankfully.

Two weeks ago, I ended up getting a Series X from Costco for my son and sold his series S.

The series S isn't as good as the X. Even without 4k, if you can swing the series X for non-scalper prices, I would get the X over the S.

He had issues running some older games on the S. Mainly ARK. He ended up using my old Project Scorpio to run ARK.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 0-0:
Is it that expensive in the US?
Thought you could find it under $600...

0-0

High demand and low supply. Same for both the new Xboxes and the new Playstations.

Not enough production due to COVID-related manpower/materials/logistics shortages, and much of what little does hit the shelves is often gobbled up at normal retail prices by scalpers, who then list them for sale on 3rd party sites for much higher prices, which people with more money than sense then end up paying, thus incentivizing further hoarding and scalping.

Luckily, it's easing up, and shipments to stores for retail sale are increasing, so it's only a matter of time before the problem solves itself. I plan on getting an X eventually, but it probably won't be for another year or so. I'm still working through the last of the Xbox One games I already own anyway. (Currently on Dragon Age Inquisition.)

Posts: 32508 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Series X here.

“I'm fat because everytime I do your girlfriend, she gives me a cookie”.

Posts: 546 | Registered: December 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post