SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Absence of Malice
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Absence of Malice Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted
My favorite Paul Newman movie is now available on Prime. No charge. I’ve been waiting to see this one again for a long time; several great characters and very memorable scenes.

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thats a great Newman performance. If you are a Newman fan, Prime also has (for $3.99) Nobody's Fool. An excellent Oscar nominated Newman role.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16087 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
My longtime GF and I are both movie addicts. We have different tastes with some overlap. This is an overlap film and we watch it once or twice a year.

If you've never seen it then you should correct that ASAP.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15482 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Now we'll talk all day if you want to. But, come sundown, there's gonna be two things true that ain't true now. One is that the United States Department of Justice is goin' to know what in the good Christ - excuse me, Angie - is goin' on around here. And the other's I'm gonna have somebody's ass in my briefcase.

Posts: 23436 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Love this movie....

Thanks for the heads up!!

JB

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
One of my favorite movies, in fact I have it on DVD.

Posts: 11840 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Great movie & dialogue.
James A. Wells, Assistant U.S. Attorney General: You're a smart man, Mr. Gallagher. I'm pretty smart myself. Don't get too smart.
- Michael Colin Gallagher: Everybody in this room is smart, and everybody was just doing their job, and Teresa Perrone is dead. Who do I see about that?
- James A. Wells, Assistant U.S. Attorney General: Ain't nobody to see. I wish there was. You're excused, sir.”

Posts: 13811 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Great role for Newman and Field and then Wilford Brimley just comes in and steals the show in about 10 minutes.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Good movie. Wilford Brimley is the highlight.

”You had a leak? You call what's goin' on around here a leak? Boy, the last time there was a leak like this, Noah built hisself a boat.”

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6403 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Way back, when I still taught a HS journalism class, we would watch this as a great example of how NOT to fall into this exact predicament.

Still love the name of his boat…Rum Runner…my father was a bootlegger.

Posts: 716 | Location: NE Iowa | Registered: October 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Probably my favorite Paul Newman movie, too, although Sometimes a Great Notion is right up there.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16344 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post