SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Big Bang Theory
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Big Bang Theory Login/Join 
Picture of erj_pilot
posted
Just a simple observation. I don't think this show will make it past this season. If it does, I'd REALLY have to question why I watch it. I just watched last week's episode and honestly don't remember even cracking a smile.

Sad.....

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
I think it has already been renewed for 2 more seasons.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2380 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
I enjoy it just as much as ever. I'm so familiar with it now that it's just like a visit from an old friend every week. I will be sad when it's over. Has been a fun show.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
We have every episode still on the DVR. Watch some of the oldest ones and you'll see they have definitely lost a step or two. I'll still watch to the end though.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7233 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Writing one hit song, episode, film, or book is hard enough. Dozens of them is a very high bar, and I'm OK with some of them falling flat or being weird. On the whole it's funny...

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
As long as there's even one dollar to be made from that thing, CBS will keep flogging it.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I still think it's funny.... but maybe I'm watching old re-runs I've never actually looked at what episode or season I'm watching I just stop when I happen to see it on tv or something

Posts: 1299 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I love the show (my first post certainly didn't convey that), but the early seasons about up until Bernadette and Howard got married were HILARIOUS! It just seems that since they "had their baby", the story line has forked off into two different directions. Well really three directions, with Sheldon and Amy cohabitating now. So to me, it just jumps around too much and the humor is not what it used to be when all the characters were in a collective group. The four guys by themselves really made the show as they played off each other's nerdness and idiosyncrasies. JMHO.....

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I used to like the show.
It has run it's course and has to go.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
It's one of those shows that NEVER seems to have any new episodes anymore on. Each time we go to watch it, it seems like it's a rerun!

My wife and I have a theory that now that this cast has hit the big time and are making like a billion dollars each per episode, they don't want to work so hard anymore making that many new episodes.

It's definitely lost what made it funny now that all of them have settled down more or less into married life.

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
I have not watched for a while. Is Penny still hot?

Posts: 6295 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hamden106:

That's one constant in an ever changing world.
Smile

Everybody knows that the dice are loaded

Posts: 367 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
In an interview with Eric Stone Street he said our shows are 1/3 good. A 1/3 okay, and a 1/3 not so good. I think that's about the best any show on the air for as long as these two shows have been can hope to achieve. I'd hate to have to write for the same show and characters for 10 years. I still watch the show live every week its on. I think this show has done a better job with having its characters grow and progress, and not just trying to keep the same lightning in a bottle when it first aired.

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I quit watching a few years ago

the Sheldon character just got unbearably annoying

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yes, but prefer Bernadette's incredible rack.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3435 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmore:
quote:

I think Bernadette is more pretty too.

Posts: 6295 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Maybe they are the same bra size, but Bernadette is so short it makes them look bigger Wink

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5643 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post
Agree completely that the show has fallen off, and that the episode seems to bleed together. I will say that this weeks episode made me laugh a few times. Although, if you pressed me tell you which parts, I probably couldn't.

Posts: 744 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Melissa Rauch is very hot, just don't watch her movie The Bronze it was horrible

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Penny's shoulders are awesome.

Posts: 4652 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post