New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Wraith Login/Join 
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted
Watched it the other day (what a trip down memory lane for several different reasons Big Grin) and was thinking that if there was a movie that needs a remake, it's this one. Between actual badass muscle cars and tuners alike, not to mention cutting edge CGI, it could be fantastic. As long as they made it dark and free of all the 80's style acting- and kept it from being Fast and the Furious of course.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15788 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hairy2dawg
posted Hide Post
I watched that movie about a year ago. I was afraid that like many of the movies in the 80s, that this one would turn out cheesy, instead of cool, like I remembered when it came out. I have to say that I really enjoyed it again.

Posts: 1284 | Location: Athens, GA | Registered: February 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
It is a strange one. Often wondered if this was the period when Charlie Sheen started going off the rails.... Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16507 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
...it could be fantastic. As long as they made it dark and free of all the 80's style acting- and kept it from being Fast and the Furious of course.

As someone that grew up with '70s drive-in carploitation movies, I agree. The only problem with that is that if it was dark and un-Fast & Furious like, it wouldn't make any money. Heck, The Wraith didn't make any money!

Posts: 5605 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LastCubScout:
quote:
...it could be fantastic. As long as they made it dark and free of all the 80's style acting- and kept it from being Fast and the Furious of course.

As someone that grew up with '70s drive-in carploitation movies, I agree. The only problem with that is that if it was dark and un-Fast & Furious like, it wouldn't make any money. Heck, The Wraith didn't make any money!

I guess what I meant was all the silly shit acting along with the driving; it goes without saying that there would be a lot of car scenes. Lots of action in other words. But less drama from clearly over made up chicks with unreal physical attributes, no unrealistic fight scenes, no cars exploding as if they’re packed with explosives. In short, gritty realism with some hint of paranormal “oddness”.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15788 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
quote:
But less drama from clearly over made up chicks with unreal physical attributes, no unrealistic fight scenes, no cars exploding as if they’re packed with explosives. In short, gritty realism with some hint of paranormal “oddness”.

Oh, I'm totally on board with that. Sign me up! Again, that movie won't make any money at all, but I'll be in line with my ticket! Cool

Posts: 5605 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
The Wraith was bad, but Banzai Runner and the FF movies are even worse.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 4011 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Averaging 6.3
posts per year
posted Hide Post
Never heard of it and I bored. Paused it to say - Ozzy during the first race! YEAH!!!

Rick

Texting.......easier than calling.

Posts: 1379 | Location: P.C., FL - the emerald coast | Registered: September 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Bad. And not good bad.

Posts: 21338 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44441 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
It's a bad movie, but I still like it. And how can a movie really be that bad when a young Sherilyn Fenn shows boobage?

Posts: 8275 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by houndawg:
It's a bad movie, but I still like it. And how can a movie really be that bad when a young Sherilyn Fenn shows boobage?

^ This.

It’s like a Saturday night Cinemax movie. It’s great. Racing, cars, and tattays

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12920 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post