SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Vintage cars anyone?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vintage cars anyone? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scot818:
This thread needs more pictures.

Big Grin

My 1975 Lincoln Continental Mark IV with 16k original miles

Posts: 81 | Location: Southern California  | Registered: April 29, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Big Grin

1980 MBZ 450 SEL

Posts: 81 | Location: Southern California  | Registered: April 29, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
That 450 is mighty clean.

I give a slight looks edge to the W126, but a bit biased since I had one.
1982 300SD for me (bought used in 2002)
1989 420SEL was my grandmother's. Bought new in 1989, the first of 7 S-class for her.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15314 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
That 450 is mighty clean.

I give a slight looks edge to the W126, but a bit biased since I had one.
1982 300SD for me (bought used in 2002)
1989 420SEL was my grandmother's. Bought new in 1989, the first of 7 S-class for her.

I am looking to see if fate puts a clean W126 in front of me.... ;-)

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
My W123 was in better shape, but the W126 was more comfortable & had more power, 1 extra cylinder & a turbo helps. Even if the wastegate was stuck open & it made no boost.

There was a consignment lot near where I lived in college that had a late model W126 Euro-spec 500SE, in silver with black leather. IIRC it was listed for something like 13k, probably around 2008.

What I'd really like to get would be a W123 wagon.
A 300TD would do nicely for a commuter.

Posts: 15314 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P226collector:
quote:

Big Grin

Beautiful car. My friend is 42. He wants want bad. He tends to keep his shit long term too. He still has his late 90’s Dodge diesel and refuses to sell it. He wants his oldest to take it for his first vehicle. He’s been hunting for the Lincoln for quite a while now. And for some reason, and I cannot talk him out of it, he wants the creme on crème. I’ve tried to get him to get a Monte Carlo and trick it out, Training Day style, on some Daytons, but he isn’t hearing it. He wants the boat. If you ever want to sell it, please ping me as I could line it up pretty quick.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12630 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
A Gullwing Mercedes is #1 & 2 on my grail car list, with the SLR being an unattainable #1.
Mercedes only built 2, and one is on display in the MB museum in Germany.
Apparently one of the 2 just sold for $142M Eek

300SL Gullwings trade in the $1-3M range (also unattainable)
I got a brief ride in a fully restored '57 that was owned by the restoration mgr at the above mentioned consignment lot.

https://www.carscoops.com/2022...old-for-142-million/

Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I recall, many years ago, a Car & Driver feature article called, A Nostalgic Look at the Great Gullwing. I was just a kid, and too young to drive, but it is indeed the Holy Grail car.

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I have adored the Gullwing since the first time I saw a photo.
The brief ride I got was pretty awesome, even if it was only in the neighborhood.

The straight 8 in the SLR makes even more power & supposedly contributed to Ulenhaut's hearing damage, even with the 'suitcase' mufflers added.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
quote:
Originally posted by P226collector:
quote:

Big Grin

Beautiful car. My friend is 42. He wants want bad. He tends to keep his shit long term too. He still has his late 90’s Dodge diesel and refuses to sell it. He wants his oldest to take it for his first vehicle. He’s been hunting for the Lincoln for quite a while now. And for some reason, and I cannot talk him out of it, he wants the creme on crème. I’ve tried to get him to get a Monte Carlo and trick it out, Training Day style, on some Daytons, but he isn’t hearing it. He wants the boat. If you ever want to sell it, please ping me as I could line it up pretty quick.

I know of a guy with a nicer 1975 mk IV than me that he is putting up for sale soon...

This is the car...

goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I would love to own a Jaguar XK120 or 140 roadster, but don't have the room, and to be honest it would take more work to keep up than I am willing to give to another hobby.

I am keeping my 2005 Honda S2000, has about 45,000 miles on it, it's a driver's car not a show car. My oldest granddaughter, initials AJ, is only 4, so it will be a while before she can drive it.

Posts: 18064 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
I am caretaker of a 1947 Chevrolet Fleetmaster sedan with 26K original miles. It is hard to believe we have a car that is 75 years young in the garage.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5053 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
I am keeping my 2005 Honda S2000, has about 45,000 miles on it, it's a driver's car not a show car. My oldest granddaughter, initials AJ, is only 4, so it will be a while before she can drive it.

My 2006 has 47,000 miles on it. Here is one rare photo with the top up. It just came out of winter storage when I lived in Montana.

Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post