SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Kevin Costner Speech National Cowboy Museum, Oklahoma City
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kevin Costner Speech National Cowboy Museum, Oklahoma City Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted
Kevin Costner was just honored by being inducted into the Hall of Great Western Performers as part of the 2019 Western Heritage Awards this past Saturday. I cannot embed this video because it’s not posted on YT, but on the Wrangler Network’s website. His acceptance speech is funny, sincere, and very moving. The whole thing, including a short introduction, is less than 30 minutes; I think you’ll enjoy it.

Costner Acceptance Speech

Posts: 13237 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Thank you for sharing. Good things for good folks Smile

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing. He seems truly genuine. I’d heard the 30-30 story before but never in his own words.

Michael

Posts: 1099 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Thank you for posting this. I really like many of his films and how immovable he has been about them. Love or hate him, he sticks to his guns and does things the way he thinks it should be done.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12621 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Good stuff.

It doesn't make me want to watch 'Dances with Wolves' or 'Wyatt Earp' again. But, it does make me want to see 'Open Range' again. Razz

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6395 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingfoot
posted Hide Post
Good video, I enjoyed that. A good new modern western series he stars in called Yellowstone on the Paramount Network is very good.

Posts: 1842 | Location: Peachtree City, GA | Registered: January 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Yeah. I like the guy, and the characters he portrays.

Good for him.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
he was good in The ?Highwaymen as well

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post