SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    In Restless Dreams, A Paul Simon Documentary
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

In Restless Dreams, A Paul Simon Documentary Login/Join 
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted
I've always considered Simon to be one of the greatest songwriters of my time. He's a lyricist the caliber of Gordon Lightfoot but I'd still give Lightfoot the nod over Simon when it comes to putting words into lyrics. This documentary is currently on Prime. It is a two part documentary. Didn't really tell me anything I didn't know but reminded me of his movie One Trick Pony. I had entirely forgotten about that. Also Garfunkels acting part in Catch 22

His relationship with Garfunkel was tenuous and I think he was actually envious of Garfunkels voice which comes across in the documentary. It does bog down in places. If you are a fan it is certainly worth the watch.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: lastmanstanding,

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8554 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for mentioning this. I'll watch it as I'm a big fan too. He's up there in musical genius territory.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38849 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23731 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post