SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Ww2 commando book recommendations
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ww2 commando book recommendations Login/Join 
In Vino Veritas
Picture of Jaycat
posted
Just as the title says. I would like some good fiction about ww2 commandod. Like Force 10, etc. Not looking for great literature, just some action and a good story.

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun!!!

Posts: 1039 | Location: Clarksville TN | Registered: November 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redleg06
posted Hide Post
Not fiction but, 'The OSS and I" (if you can find it) is a great read.

"Cedat Fortuna Peritis"

Posts: 1976 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Operation Snow (by John Koster) may be the most stunning WW2 book I've ever read and I've read a lot. Unfortunately, it is more horrifying than any fiction work because it is true AND the bad guys successfully manage to pull it off and get millions and millions of innocent people killed.

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you have a Kindle and part of Kindle Unlimited these are free:

Those Who Dare (Raiding Forces)
Book #1 of 13
This is the first book in the epic WWII Raiding Forces Series. Meticulously researched (the author was an instructor at the Army Ranger School) the series begins with the birth of special operations—as seen through the eyes of a young American officer who has volunteered to serve with British Forces.

Operation Arrowhead (COMMANDO Book 1) Kindle Edition
by Jack Badelaire
Book 1 of 6

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Vino Veritas
Picture of Jaycat
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I bought the first book in the raider series!

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun!!!

Posts: 1039 | Location: Clarksville TN | Registered: November 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
The Berkut

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Berkut

This has been one of my favorite books my entire life. I reread it every couple of years.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4789 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post