SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Board games / card games your family enjoys....
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Board games / card games your family enjoys.... Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
A good one among my younger family and friends is Sushi Go!(2013)

Sushi Go is a good game for kids. Not very long, enough strategy to keep things interesting planning what you want to play, etc.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
Unstable Unicorns

Settlers of Catan

Axis and Allies

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1957 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
quote:
A good one among my younger family and friends is Sushi Go!(2013)

Sushi Go is a good game for kids. Not very long, enough strategy to keep things interesting planning what you want to play, etc.

Yes. The whole drafting aspect of the game is something you don't really find in the classic games listed thus far. For a simple game it requires a bit of extra think (analysis paralysis) to not so much as give yourself the right card but to prevent someone else from getting the right card.
It's a great game before getting into 7 Wonders which is in the deeper end of the drafting pool.

Posts: 7358 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Uno and More Monkey's with my 10 year old grandson

Posts: 632 | Location: Cajun Country, Sportsman Paradise  | Registered: March 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Buy a wooden 3D Tic Tac Toe set.

They're great. Games are a minute or two long.

The 3rd dimension makes all the difference.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

It's a long time since I was a kid. We used to enjoy Monopoly, Clue, and Scrabble. For cards, it was Hearts, Gin Rummy, Cribbage, and Pinochle.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10787 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Clue is our favorite. We have 7 or 8 versions of it to mix it up.

We recently got into the “catch a killer” subscription game.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15256 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
What’s that? How do you sign up?

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5323 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post