SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Is the Xbox One a dying console?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is the Xbox One a dying console? Login/Join 
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted
MS has completely vanished from my country and never, ever payed any attention to any Xbox console. The market was left to third party independant importers. Read console smugglers and traveling individuald

Now games for my XBO are impossible to find. I prefer to own the disks, there'a a matkrt of digital game resellers but it's a gamble and bad experiences outnumber (rare) good ones'

Now I wonder if the global market is globally shrinking and /or the industry is moving in another direction.

I keep my Live Gold alive but hardly use the machine. Subscription expires early Jan. and am already looking for a trusty source for my upcoming 12 months renewall code.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12090 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Time to switch to PlayStation. Sony has outperformed Microsoft for at least the last two console generations.

I have a PS4 and would like to upgrade to the PS5 once it cheapens up a bit.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Maybe it’s your country?

Plenty of stuff for both consoles in my area.

It’s the opposite for me. Haven’t touched my PS4 in forever. Bought the Uncharted Collection and played about 30 minutes and went back to Last of Us. Will hook it back up when Last of Us 2 comes out.

I pretty much buy digital now so my son and I can play the same game at the same time and I only pay for the game once. His xbox one is set as the “home” xbox so I buy all games on that one. He doesn’t have to log in to play the games. He takes that Xbox back and forth between my house and his mom’s. I have to log in on my xbox one xps to play the games.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Can you buy from Amazon or GameStop online?

You can get codes to redeem for Xbox Live or DLC from them as well.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
No, not dying. Far from it. Yes, Playstation currently has a much larger market share, and has some of the more popular system exclusive games, but the Xbox is still going strong.

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Can you buy from Amazon or GameStop online?

You can get codes to redeem for Xbox Live or DLC from them as well.

I heard that Amazon has plans to set up shop in my country. We'll see if they do and what they offer.

Right now we're days away of a new government and foreign currency access is very tight. Can only buy up to $100 per person/ per month so buying stuff abroad (exporting currency) is really frown upon by our national IRS equivalent.

Looking forward to travel and get me some codes with cash.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12090 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Not in the US.

I had a PS3 and PS4. A year ago I got the Xbox One X - my first ever. I hated adapting to the controller, but after getting used to it, I actually prefer the Xbox over the Playstation now.

Things I appreciate about the Xbox over the PS:
My universal TV remote can turn on the Xbox but not the PS4
The Xbox has better 4k support for games and video
The Xbox has a 4k disc player
Microsoft has the Ultimate subscription which makes a massive amount of games playable for a small amount, and for me and others, we got in on the conversion deal from Gold and are set for years.

In one year, both PS and Xbox will release a new console. In a couple years, I will probably go with the new Xbox.

Like it or not, physical discs are on their way out. The next generation will support them, but I expect those will be the last.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I think you’re onto something with respect to markets. I suspect it’s probably where MS is focusing their Geo strategy as to why there isn’t a lot of visibility in Argentina.
quote:
Originally posted by 0-0:
MS has completely vanished from my country and never, ever payed any attention to any Xbox console. The market was left to third party independant importers. Read console smugglers and traveling individuald

Now games for my XBO are impossible to find. I prefer to own the disks, there'a a matkrt of digital game resellers but it's a gamble and bad experiences outnumber (rare) good ones'

Now I wonder if the global market is globally shrinking and /or the industry is moving in another direction.

I keep my Live Gold alive but hardly use the machine. Subscription expires early Jan. and am already looking for a trusty source for my upcoming 12 months renewall code.

0-0

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post