SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    FM.. feature movie from the 70’s
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FM.. feature movie from the 70’s Login/Join 
posted
Holy mackeral how did I ever not know about this film. Cameos by 1978 era Linda Ronstadt, Jimmy Buffet & Tom Petty and REO Speedwagon. Soundtrack is amazing with lots of steely Dan. If you have an hour and 45 mins to waste it’s good wholesome fun. It’s on YouTube.
All star cast of Alex Karras, Martin Mull, Cleavon Little Eileen Brennan (all RIP) among others.

Campy plot of a rock station in LA. Hilarity ensues. Back before the mega corps ate up and consolidated local FM stations.

1978 Linda Ronstadt was a real smoke show. No wonder former governor moonbeam Jerry Brown was dating her back then.

Posts: 4952 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Remember the title tune well; saw the movie once IIRC then it sort of disappeared. Linda Ronstadt was my favorite back then...deep sigh!

Posts: 3377 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
Awesome movie! I haven’t seen in way too long. I used to have the soundtrack back when I had actual records.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3899 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
No static, no static, no static at all.........FM! Smile

Posts: 15139 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post