SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    What band makes you change the station every time??
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What band makes you change the station every time?? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Without a doubt it has to be: Joe Cocker's "With A little Help From My Friends".

And YES I'd get up and walk out on him when (not IF) he sang out of tune!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Silverfox48,

Posts: 62 | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The one that immediately comes to mine is Thin Lizzy - The Boys Are Back In Town.

Posts: 512 | Location: Pearland, Tx | Registered: June 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
Originally posted by CoinRoller:
The Eagles. Stupid country band with THE worst drummer trying to be rockers.

Hey man, Take it Easy.... Big Grin
HAHAHA!!!
quote:
Originally posted by Silverfox48:
... YES I'd get up and walk out on him ...
Big Grin HAHAHA. Nice!

Posts: 45374 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stuck on
himself
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Rush. Geddy Lee's voice bothers me to an unreasonable degree.

Right up there are Neil Young and Bob Dylan, but you said bands.

THANK YOU!!! I thought I was the only one alive or dead that cannot stand Rush.

Posts: 4177 | Registered: January 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by asonie:
quote:

Not hardly

Posts: 13260 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stuck on
himself
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
quote:
Originally posted by asonie:
quote:

Not hardly

So it would seem. Ought to start a club.

Posts: 4177 | Registered: January 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
I change the station because of the song, not the band.

In 60s-70s-80s rock, many bands had 1-2 decent songs or hits and the rest is shit (imo), but I still like those 1-2 songs so can't outright eliminate any band.

Most of what I consider to be shitty songs aren't played on the radio, and when they are I change it without even knowing who the band is.

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Plebmnista; Norcom, Forcom, Perfectumum.
Picture of OneWheelDrive
posted Hide Post
Passenger. How about you find a front man who actually can sing.

================================================
Ultron: "You're unbearably naive."
Vision: "Well, I was born yesterday."

Posts: 4788 | Location: St. Louis, Mo | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Working for Water
Picture of Chance228
posted Hide Post
Queen

Posts: 1051 | Location: Central New Jersey | Registered: February 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
U2
John Melloncrap

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10927 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The air above the din
Picture of Aquilon
posted Hide Post
George Thorogood - has only ever recorded one song, just changes the lyrics each time.

Bon Jovi - cannot tolerate his pant-crapping vocals.

Luke Bryan, and anything else of that nature recorded in the last 30 years that purports to be "country music." All of the generic dirt road, pickup truck, cute girl, get to body of water, cold beer, pandering garbage music. Ick. Hank Williams would slap these guys.

Now, for those of you who said Led Zeppelin and Rush, my God, what sort of monsters are you?

Big Grin

Posts: 966 | Location: Virginia | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aquilon:
George Thorogood - has only ever recorded one song, just changes the lyrics each time.

Bon Jovi - cannot tolerate his pant-crapping vocals.

Luke Bryan, and anything else of that nature recorded in the last 30 years that purports to be "country music." All of the generic dirt road, pickup truck, cute girl, get to body of water, cold beer, pandering garbage music. Ick. Hank Williams would slap these guys.

Now, for those of you who said Led Zeppelin and Rush, my God, what sort of monsters are you?

Big Grin

I bought his live album years ago,

got a concert in the area so we went,

exactly the same as the album, even the adlibs between songs, to the letter,

every other band I have seen, good and bad, (at least 100 shows in the past 20yrs or so) have at least stopped for a second and adlib with the audience,

not him

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig-bandit
posted Hide Post
Chicago, makes me want to puke. I also hate hearing the same 3-4 Pink Floyd, Zep, Stones songs on the classic rock station.

"I didn't drink the Kool-Aid"

Posts: 582 | Location: Columbus Indiana | Registered: August 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Spotify and Bluetooth resolved this issue for me but when I listened to music on the radio it was:

Springsteen
Dave Matthews
RHCP
Bon Jovi
Any bro country
Any pop music.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Jimmy Buffett

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Honestly, there's too many to count, and the older I get, the more some stuff annoys me.

Sometimes, it's the singer, sometimes it's the band, sometimes it's the song, and sometimes it's a good to great song that has been ruined by overplay.

I'm a Skynyrd fan. I honestly don't want to hear Freebird again.

I like a lot of Led Zep. Stairway to heaven is a guaranteed station change.

Half of The Who's catalog has been ruined for me, as has a pretty good chunk of the Stones and Steely Dan.

Music, even good music, is a perishable commodity. If it ever got really popular, there's a pretty good chance it got overplayed, and now I hate it.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow! Just read through the entire thread. Some surprising names mentioned. However, to each his own.

No right or wrong answers. I just cannot listen to country music of any era.

Would prefer not to have a radio if all that was available is talk radio and country.

Posts: 796 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Eagles
Led Zeplin
Rush
Tom Petty
Bob Dylan

And whoever that country guy is, Billy Don Joe Bob, who sings through his nose (Rascal Flats... Big Grin).

Posts: 1813 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Depressed mode, the cure, REM, Katy Perry, ABBA.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5398 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
It seems a lot of these are not necessarily bad songs, just played to death.

However, I will ALWAYS change the station if Dave Matthews Band comes on.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post