SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Seal program on History channel tonight
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Seal program on History channel tonight Login/Join 
Picture of olfuzzy
posted
Four hour program starting at 7:00 PM our time (Central).

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
How was it?

Posts: 17880 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I considered watching but didn't. I am SEALed out.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
It was pretty good. Not a bunch of cheesy re-enactment stuff. Some historical battle info from Afghanistan all the back to Vietnam. Lots of former SEALs giving interviews. I'd give it a thumbs up.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
My buddy just got out in October. He was an officer on Team 8 in Virginia. The running joke on the teams is "keep the legend alive." Meaning whenever someone who knows he was a SEAL approaches him and regurgitates some crazy story about their capabilities he just smiles and nods and says "Yep."

What they do well is shoot, move and communicate.
The average team guys don't do the crazy Hollywood stuff most people imagine they do. That's left to the Green Team guys (Team 6). Being an officer he was only allowed to operate for three years and then they throw you on a desk job. That wasn't for him so he decided not to re-up. What's funny is that according to him most of his teammates weren't "gun" guys. As a matter of fact his passion is golf. Go figure.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post