SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Star Wars: The Bad Batch
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars: The Bad Batch Login/Join 
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:

Omega is clearly a Mary Sue but she's also an annoying brat who's constantly getting herself and the team in trouble. I don't understand how an elite combat unit would put up with her bullshit.

I saw the first couple episodes, and it wasn't bad. However, I agree with the small girl in a company of gruff, edgy, battle-hardened killers. It seems to me they are trying to grab the 'kiddie' audience.

THIS is what really jacked up the Star Wars Prequels, IMO. Instead of making good 'adult' movies that kids would enjoy (you know, like SW: A New Hope and SW: The Empire Strikes Back), they crammed 'little Annie' in every scene, trying to pander to the kids. The first movie was aimed at a 10-year old audience, the 2nd the tweens, and the third (which sucked the least out of all 3) to a teen audience. In the end, they were grossly disappointing movies that weren't serious enough for many adults to really enjoy.

So, with this show, it seems they are not aiming at the 18+ age demographic, and instead are focusing on the 5-12 age group. Or, they are trying to do both.

I really couldn't care if I never see another episode. My nephew has the Disney+ account, and if he watches it, I'll watch. But, I won't go out of my way to ask him to play the episodes. It does have promise, though.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21845 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
My daughter is a big Star Wars Fan, and I really enjoyed Clone Wars and Rebels thanks to her - she likes to watch with me early on Friday morning Wink. Bad Batch is a slow burn, enjoying but not quite as good. Agree on Omega, they need develop and move this on or will drag down the story. Will give it a few more episodes.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Watched the first two episodes and then laid off for a while. Caught up with episodes 3 and 4 today. Have to say that the Omega character is really dragging the show down. Mostly doing stupid kid stuff like wandering off, and then the clones (usually Hunter) have to drop the serious stuff they are doing to find her.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post