SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Black Bird (AppleTV)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Black Bird (AppleTV) Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted
Just starting this series. Seems pretty interesting.

Supposedly based on a true story. A convict is recruited to get to know a serial killer to collect info on him.

Posts: 17880 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Finished it. 6 episodes. Pretty decent show.

Posts: 17880 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
I watched it and I liked it.

At 6 episodes the season was too short.

I will watch season 2.

Had a little bit of a feel like True Detective season 1.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3474 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Liking this one, worth your time to watch. Larry is creepy.

Posts: 3591 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingfoot
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up, I think we will give this one a go.

Posts: 1842 | Location: Peachtree City, GA | Registered: January 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PR64:
At 6 episodes the season was too short.

My gripe with Peaky Blinders, too.

I just started it (1 & 2 yesterday), and it looks to be very good. I noticed it was "developed by" Dennis Lehane, author of several very good books, for example Mystic River, which was made into a movie with Sean Penn, Tim Robbins, Kevin Bacon, and other good ones. Oscars to Penn and Robbins for Best Actor/Supporting Actor.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10782 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Just watched the final episode.

I was wrong about a season 2.

They wrapped it all up at the end.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3474 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Excellent series. Paul Walter Hauser and Taron Egerton nailed their parts. The ending (while realistic) was somewhat unsatisfying, but that's what happens in cases like this (based on "reality" BTW). It'd be helpful if every victim's body was recovered, but sociopaths are loathe to use them for anything but their own disgusting purposes. Compassion? Empathy for the loved ones? Don't look for it among these types of offenders. It's not there.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post