SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Looking for recommendations for stand-up comics on streaming video: G-rated preferred
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for recommendations for stand-up comics on streaming video: G-rated preferred Login/Join 
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted
A couple of weeks ago my wife and I spent a couple of days in Prescott, AZ with a couple; she's a retired comedian (and a shooter). They showed us some of their favorite comedians on Netflix and YouTube: Nate Bargatze, Greg Warner, guys like that. Since then we've also seen Jeff Allen's stuff; loved it, but I think we've heard all his jokes three times now.

I understand Jerry Seinfeld worked clean and was very funny; haven't tried tracking down his stand-up acts. Back in the day Bill Cosby was the best at this.

So I'd love to hear recommendations for funny guys/gals who work clean so my wife and I can both enjoy it. Needless to say, we have zero interest in current "woke" idiots who go for applause not laughs.

Posts: 18049 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Jim Gaffigan, maybe more PG with a bit of PG13.
Brian Regan
Jeff Dunham

Mitch Hedberg was funny, but lots of drug references.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15289 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Sinbad. I don't recall him even swearing in his stand-up routines.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Jim Gaffigan was great until he went woke and gave the finger to his audience.

Posts: 18049 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:

That's a bummer, I don't think think I've seen any of his newer stuff.

Posts: 15289 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I believe Fluffy gives a clean act

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:

Aka: Gabriel Iglesias

Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:

This. My son really liked him and told me to check him out. But, when I did, he was all politicized and woke. I said "pass".

I have not seen him for a while, but I think Brian Regan is hilarious. I must have listened to his "Stupid In School" bit a couple of dozen times yet it still makes me laugh out loud.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6395 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
What is it about comedians of Irish heritage? I like Brian Regan and Kathleen Madigan.

Posts: 13240 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
John Pinette was my favorite. Very funny and clean.

Posts: 6874 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Dry Bar Comedy on YouTube is all clean stuff.

Posts: 45372 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
Dry Bar Comedy on YouTube is all clean stuff.

Yeah, it's a venue in Provo, Utah.

Some of it is pretty good. The guy with the Late joke about his wife and stepkids is hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLUFit8815c

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Mitch Hedberg

There's a few curse words, but he's a got his own delivery that resonates and certainly gone too soon.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11144 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:

Aka: Gabriel Iglesias

[Crazy white guy trying to sound off with a cool, 'hood' accent] Fluffy!!! [/Crazy white guy trying to sound off with a cool, 'hood' accent]

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Jeanne is a hoot. Left Brain is her husband.

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jeanne Robertson is hilarious, especially when talking about Left Brain.

Sad for her passing last month.

Posts: 238 | Registered: March 11, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NavyAgShooter:
Jeanne Robertson is hilarious, especially when talking about Left Brain.

Sad for her passing last month.

Truly sad. And Left Brain passed away a couple of months before she did. Such a treasure, gone.

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gary Gulman can be pretty funny.

Posts: 425 | Location: Youngsville, NC | Registered: April 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Brian Regan is the King of Clean. Nate Bargatze is also really funny and clean. He has a couple of specials on Netflix.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
I like Sebastian Maniscalco

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post