SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Keep your eyes and ears open $$
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Keep your eyes and ears open $$ Login/Join 
Picture of p08
posted
Went to pay for something with pocket change and heard an odd sound. Found this guy in there. After all these years pulling out a silver coin now and then is nice. $4.71 in today's market.

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Lol - I just got a Mercury dime and two 1950s quarters as change today (Seaport Village in San Diego).

Wife's first comment was a kid stole from parent's collection. I then pointed out we were in a tourist trap of San Diego.

No idea how the vendor got the silver in first place and, I should've asked for all quarters and dimes in the till. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p08:
Went to pay for something with pocket change and heard an odd sound. Found this guy in there. After all these years pulling out a silver coin now and then is nice. $4.71 in today's market.

Where would you take it to get $4.71? Coin dealer?

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1487 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post