SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    "Downwind" on Amazon
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Downwind" on Amazon Login/Join 
posted
Watched an interesting movie / documentary on Amazon over the weekend, titled "Downwind". It tells the story of the aftereffects of nuclear tests by the US gubment at the Nevada Test Range. Sure, it has a bit of an anti-nuke slant to it, but it also has a lot of factual information as well. As shown in other events throughout our history, we are just "lab rats" for the gubment.

Posts: 503 | Location: Middle Alabama | Registered: February 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
I'll have to see this, living in SW Utah I have an interest in what happened. There is a very good book on this, "The Day We Bombed Utah" by John G. Fuller. there have been a couple of documentaries on PBS, too.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3429 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While making the movie "The Conqueror" the cast and crew was exposed to nuke dust. Cancer did in some of the crew years later. Some medical type claim heavy smoking caused the cancers, but others disagree.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16226 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post