SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Star Trek- behind the scenes/ outtakes home movies
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Trek- behind the scenes/ outtakes home movies Login/Join 
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted
When available, I almost always watch the Special Features section on DVDs, which often include behind the scenes footage, and sometimes outtakes.

There are some older movies/ TV shows that will include some of this footage, but it wasn't a common practice to share it was the the public back then. I would guess that the cost of film, and filming, not to mention that there was no good medium to share this type of extra feature with the public 50+ years ago...it's not like people were buying movies for their collection, and watching it anytime they wanted.

I'm betting there is more behind the scenes/ outtake footage sitting in Hollywood movie crew closets...and I think it would be great to see more of it.

One of my brothers sent this video to me and, as a Star Trek fan, I got the biggest kick out of it.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/4qv16CBWkeU

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
That was pretty cool. Thanks!

Posts: 7263 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ace31
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:
That was pretty cool. Thanks!

Ditto much appreciate the sharing. Love the original series.

Posts: 2164 | Location: Wherever the voices in my head tell me to go | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
I thought it was neat to see Captain Kirk's dog on the set (wonder how he cleaned the dog hair off his Starfleet uniform? Big Grin) and also to see Mr. Spock smoking.

Obviously the cast and crew got along well and made time to have fun on set.

I really hope that this interview and footage makes its way into the special features section of a collector's version of a DVD set.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
Obviously the cast and crew got along well and made time to have fun on set.

Except for poor little Georgie Takei, pouting in the corner because he did not get enough lines in the episode, and that Shatner did not compliment him on his new haircut.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16708 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
I remember watching some sort of documentary on TOS, and Shatner said something along the lines of "I don't know why but Jimmy (James Doohan) hates me."

Maybe not according to the OP vid?

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
^ It was widely known that many of the cast didn't like Shatner.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18024 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't know why but Jimmy (James Doohan) hates me.

Oh how those Ontarians simply can't stand Quebeckers...

-MG

Posts: 1994 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post