SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    BBC's Dracula on Netflix
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

BBC's Dracula on Netflix Login/Join 
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
What was the ending about? I’d rather not watch it again. What was he afraid of?

It turns out, Dracula was a coward and afraid of dying. He was worried that he'd be recognized/outed as such, so he chose to hide himself in the shadows, out of the public eye. And he was jealous of Jesus not fearing death.

Over the centuries, these fears morphed into neuroses/phobias, and through his own will and belief led to the tropes like him being afraid of sunlight and repelled by crosses, traits that the other undead did not share. (In fact, it had been established that most of the other undead all desperately wanted to die.)

The series ended with him confronting his fear of death and drinking the blood of Dr. Helsing, which would not only allow her a peaceful death instead of slowly and painfully dying from her cancer, but would kill him too (having previously established that the blood of cancer sufferers was poisonous to vampires).

Posts: 32512 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
For anyone who is a fan of the original Bram Stoker story the first episode was pretty good. Great cinematography and drama. The 2nd ep starts to go off story and the 3rd episode completely goes off the rails. If I had stopped after the ep I would have been good.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5909 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post