SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    It's the 100th anniversary of the July 4th ball at the Overlook Hotel
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It's the 100th anniversary of the July 4th ball at the Overlook Hotel Login/Join 
posted
100 years since the date of the photo of Jack Torrance and other guests in the Overlook Hotel ballroom at the end of the movie "The Shining." I remember seeing this movie as a 16 year old kid at the theater when it first came out, and since then it's been my favorite horror movie of all time. I always interpreted Jack's appearance as showing the hotel claiming another victim, not that he was reincarnated or had always been there.

https://www.foxnews.com/entert...-and-twitter-noticed

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5149 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
We were newly weds and saw the film when it first came out; it scared the shit out of my bride. When we got home and she was taking a shower, I got an axe, placed the head on her pillow and covered it up. I heard a scream from the bedroom and got to sleep on the sofa for a while after that.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15470 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post