SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    How Do I Convince You That Whiskey Myers Might Be the Best Band to Come Along in 25 Years?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How Do I Convince You That Whiskey Myers Might Be the Best Band to Come Along in 25 Years? Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted

These 3 are all off their most recent release, just titled Whiskey Myers. I did not post "Broken Window Serenade," perhaps their best known song from the album, Firewater. It's a tragedy about a young woman who dies of a drug addiction; I assume most of you are familiar with it. if not, go listen.

Posts: 13233 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
I like it. Thanks for the heads-up.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5478 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
Heard of them when Firewater came out. Been listening to them regularly probably the last 5 years or so. Definitely one of the best new bands in the past decade or so.

Posts: 10188 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
You can try to bribe me.

I accept cash and/or whiskey but make no promises.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
You can try to bribe me.

I accept cash and/or whiskey but make no promises.

HaHa, well, I’ll keep that in mind Wink

Posts: 13233 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be Like Mike
Picture of CEShooter
posted Hide Post
I’m convinced but a few boxes of 9mm would confirm the deal.

He has some acoustic performances on YouTube that I really like. I wish he would release those singles or an album of them.

Trailer We Call Home is one of my favorites.

---------------
"Structural engineering is the art of moulding materials we don't understand into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot really access, in such a way that the community at large has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance." Dr. A. R. Dykes

Posts: 2229 | Location: 500 Miles from the homeland | Registered: February 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CEShooter:

He has some acoustic performances on YouTube that I really like. I wish he would release those singles or an album of them.

You know Whiskey Myers is a band, not a solo act...right?

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Holy shit. I’m struggling right now to think of any song or music video that hit me as hard as Bury my Bones the first time I heard it and watched the music video. It made me immediately look up the lyrics. What a song!!!

That was pretty damn hard hitting while also managing to get absolutely 100% stuck in my head.

Yes, I think it’s safe to say you have indeed made me a fan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21099 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be Like Mike
Picture of CEShooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
quote:
Originally posted by CEShooter:

You know Whiskey Myers is a band, not a solo act...right?

Yep. The acoustic video that I’m thinking of is just him and a guy with an accordion I think. Didn’t mean to take anything away from the band as I still like their non-acoustic stuff, for some reason those acoustic ones really struck me.

---------------
"Structural engineering is the art of moulding materials we don't understand into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot really access, in such a way that the community at large has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance." Dr. A. R. Dykes

Posts: 2229 | Location: 500 Miles from the homeland | Registered: February 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Big fan "Virginia" is my favorite song

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
I’ve always been partial to “Broken Window Serenade” and “Dogwood”, but in reality I enjoy all their stuff. I’m lucky in that my local station plays a steady stream of their stuff both new and old.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Villebilly Deluxe
posted Hide Post
Ballad of a Southern Man is the first song of theirs I heard. It’s still my favorite.

Posts: 393 | Location: Bluegrass State | Registered: February 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
Awesome band. I've been lucky enough to see them in person a half dozen times or so and they always kill it. Best live band I ever saw.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Excellent. Thanks for sharing.

Posts: 97 | Location: Alabama  | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of my favorite bands. Was supposed to see them last year with Steel Woods but Covid messed that up.

Posts: 715 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: December 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
Really like their music.

FWIW: they are the bar band a few episodes of Yellowstone.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2386 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I’m removing the qualifier, “might be.”

She got one on her hip and one on the way
Grocery list and bills to pay
Momma by day and school at night
I tried so hard to get it right
I got dreams. What can I say?
Sometimes life gets in the way
Well, getting by and wanting more
Baby, there ain't no shame in being poor

Yeah, times get tough but love is strong
Here in this trailer that we call home

Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
I’m convinced they are a damn good band!

Posts: 4453 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
It took too long, had a show cancelled on us May of ‘21, but finally saw Whiskey Myers live tonight. The show was everything I hoped for. They’re touring the album Tornillo, but they played lots of great stuff from earlier albums. They were at the top of my bucket list and did not disappoint. I recall that Todd Huffman said he had seen them half-a-dozen times a couple years ago—lucky duck. They’re out there on the road, better go see a show.

To Do What is
Right and Just
posted Hide Post
I first heard about them around 2013ish time frame. Saw they were playing at a bar about 30 mins from me and always up for seeing bands at small bars. Followed them ever since and just saw them again back in February.

They rank in the top three of my favorite bands.

Posts: 2439 | Location: Usually Somewhere | Registered: July 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post