SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Tom Cruise: Never Go Back / Jack Reacher?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tom Cruise: Never Go Back / Jack Reacher? Login/Join 
Picture of Blume9mm
posted
I just watched this fiasco on TCM or some such commercial channel. I read the book this past Spring.... who the heck came up with this story line? Totally changed just about everything... and what really bothered me was that in the movie Reacher gets his butt kicked more than once.... the final big fight scene with the evil professional hit man is so way off the mark it is beyond sad.. the only redeeming part of the movie was that Cruise is starting to show his age and looks a little more like I imagine Reacher than in the first movie.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
He only needs to add about 7 inches of height and 70 pounds of muscle...

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't even remember "Never Go Back" except I know I've watched it.

I'm a fan of the books, went into the first movie with low expectations and was pleasantly surprised. No, Cruise doesn't look the part....but I think he acts the part perfectly at least.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Ray Stevenson should be Reacher.

That being said, the first one was OK, and the second one sucked.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The second one sucked because they jacked up the story. The book is fine, the screenplay is awful. Personally with all the material to choose from though they didn’t pick well.

Posts: 7460 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As a HUGE Reacher fan I read with well . . amazement that Cruise was going to play Reacher. Now IF you never read a book he did a decent job in the first movie. As for the second . . I thought Lee Child wrote "Never Come Back" with Cruise in mind. Thankfully he has stopped.

If you watch "The Reef" I think Ray Stevenson is past it for Reacher. I always liked Gerald Butler or a slimed down Rock.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post