stickman428
Andor (September 21 on Disney+):
3 episodes in an really enjoying it so far. Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance
March 27, 2023, 12:23 PM
Lord Vaalic
Finally watched this series..

Damn good. One of the best pieces of Star Wars there is.

On program!

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day
March 27, 2023, 02:13 PM
stickman428
I enjoyed Andor as much as I enjoyed the original trilogy. What a fantastic surprise!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance
March 27, 2023, 05:55 PM
corsair
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Finally watched this series..

Damn good. One of the best pieces of Star Wars there is.

On program!

Refreshing, ain't it?
March 27, 2023, 06:13 PM
Veeper
I’ll give it a try I guess.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken
June 19, 2023, 08:20 AM
Vgex
The budget was $250 million for its 12 episode run.

Link:
"You can't do this show inexpensively," according to Tony Gilroy.

The first season of Andor reportedly had a budget of $250 million, making it more expensive than The Mandalorian.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Andor had an estimated budget of $250 million for its 12-episode first season. While it is a steep cost, especially in comparison to others, showrunner Tony Gilroy insisted that it would have been impossible to make without that kind of budget.

"We got lucky making this during the gold rush a few years ago. A lot of people now have cold feet, and you can't do this show inexpensively," he said. "I'm just so relieved at the reaction because we were making this huge, obscure thing and we knew it was crazy. Like, 'Is this too much? Have we gone too far?' There were no focus groups or test audiences. Now it will be good if we can stick the landing and go out strong."

Andor's $250 million budget puts it ahead of The Mandalorian's first season, which cost around $120 million, with a budget of $15 million per episode. It also overtakes the Halo TV series' $10 million per episode price tag and The Last of Us TV adaptation's budget of $10 million per episode, though it isn't quite as expensive as the reported $465 production budget of Prime Video's The Lord of the Rings series.

Andor Season 2 is currently filming in London and had an August 2024 premiere window, though it's unclear how the writer's strike may affect it. Disney is remaining relatively tight-lipped about it, though we do know that its final episodes will cover the three days before Rogue One.