SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    What was that detective cop show ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What was that detective cop show ? Login/Join 
posted
I think It was on around the time that Castle was on.

A blond skinny suave and debonair con man and a brunette female detective solving crimes.

Eventually get married in a cabin by a pond.

Male was English but no accent in the show.

Single name title

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Was it Bones?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
The Mentalist?

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Not single name title and the male is not blonde. But the only thing that comes to mind is Remington Steele.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Berlin
Correspondent
Picture of BansheeOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
The Mentalist?

Definitely.

Posts: 2416 | Location: Berlin, Germany | Registered: April 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
DING DING DING DING
The Mentalist
Winner
Winner
500 calorie dinner.

If I were not already nuts
It would have driven me there
Thanks for playing

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Couldn't remember Robin Tunney's name so I IMDB'd the show. Didn't realize it went 151 episodes.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I never saw a singles second of the show, maybe not even a commercial for it. But I knew it was the show he meant.

I'm not certain, but I might should be worried about that. Wink

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I liked both it and Castle,
Thought they did a good job

Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Was it Bones?

The male lead wasn't a con man

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 9mmepiphany,

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14184 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Same basic premise, but much earlier:

quote:
…suave and debonair con man and a brunette female detective solving crimes

Posts: 27952 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
I never saw a singles second of the show, maybe not even a commercial for it. But I knew it was the show he meant.

I'm not certain, but I might should be worried about that. Wink

My ex watched it, so I caught a few episodes.

There seem to be a lot of these hour long cop drama shows that are truthfully just spin-offs of Sherlock Holmes. Some hyper-aware individual who notices every minor detail assists police in solving crimes. Monk, Lie To Me, The Mentalist, Psych, Bones, etc… My ex used to watch them all. To be fair though she also read all the original Sherlock Holmes stories and enjoyed the BBC series Sherlock so at least she appreciates the originals.

I never got into any of them with the exception of the BBC Sherlock, and the show Elementary wity Lucy Lu. Elementary was the only recent adaptation of Sherlock Holmes that got close to the correct relationship between Holmes and Watson. Even the BBC show did it incorrectly and while I enjoyed the RDJ movies a lot they really screwed the friendship up.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post