SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Outer Banks on Netflix. Season 3 drops this month.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Outer Banks on Netflix. Season 3 drops this month. Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
Or Goonies 2.0
While it has some pretty rough teenie bopper moments the story is pretty good.
We are 6 episodes in and enjoying it pretty well.
Story line is pretty much the Goonies with a bit more character development and back story since it is a series that is already filming a 2nd season as opposed to a 2 hour movie.

Poor kids search for treasure clash with the rich kids, rich kids girlfriend, ends up getting with the poor kid while searching for the treasure.

One thing both the poor fellas and the rich fellas really need to learn to fight. The fights are pretty sad.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Black92LX,

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25421 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
Dawson’s Creek meets Pirates of the Caribbean
Great scenery, consistent writing and acting, not great, but consistent

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2916 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Over the past decade I spent almost every summer on the outer banks surfing, beach driving, camping and having a blast. OBX is one of my favorite places on earth. I’m going to have to check this out!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I haven’t started it yet but it’s in my watchlist.

Being stationed at Lejuene we used to head to the Outer Banks all the time and party with all the foreign service workers that came in for the summer. We had some pretty wild times out there. I figured this show would probably bring back some fun memories.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Spoiler, it was filmed here in Charleston and not the OBX.

It's on my radar to watch when I get some time.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MattW:
Spoiler, it was filmed here in Charleston and not the OBX.

It's on my radar to watch when I get some time.

No spoiler. Already knew. Most of the boats have SC registration on them if you pay attention.

————————————————

posted Hide Post
According to the show, Chapel Hill is only a ferry ride away from the OBX. Now I feel like a fool driving all the way to Swan Quarter to catch the ferry.

Posts: 729 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KDR:
According to the show, Chapel Hill is only a ferry ride away from the OBX. Now I feel like a fool driving all the way to Swan Quarter to catch the ferry.

Would that this were true!

Posts: 15029 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Enjoyed looking forward to the next season.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8354 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:

To be fair they never say this. They take a Ferry but they actually arrive at Chapel Hill by car.
They just show them getting out. Nothing is stated it is just a ferry ride away but they don’t make any mention of how long their car ride was.

————————————————

Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Liked the first 4 or 5 episodes but thought it got a little too dark for (supposedly) a bunch of 16 year olds. John B actor is 27 years old! Fortunately for my old man self, Sarah is 22, so I don't feel bad about anything I may have thought.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:

To be fair they never say this. They take a Ferry but they actually arrive at Chapel Hill by car.
They just show them getting out. Nothing is stated it is just a ferry ride away but they don’t make any mention of how long their car ride was.

True, but the explanation from the creator isn't that great. He said they were supposed to shoot a scene of them using a ride share service to get to chapel hill. A 250 mile (one way) uber ride. uh-huh.

Posts: 729 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:

True, but the explanation from the creator isn't that great. He said they were supposed to shoot a scene of them using a ride share service to get to chapel hill. A 250 mile (one way) uber ride. uh-huh.

1. she's rich
2. if it helps you find $400M worth of gold, you don't mind the uber charge.
3. we're overthinking this.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
I haven’t started it yet but it’s in my watchlist.

Being stationed at Lejuene we used to head to the Outer Banks all the time and party with all the foreign service workers that came in for the summer. We had some pretty wild times out there. I figured this show would probably bring back some fun memories.

We've vacationed at Emerald Isle for about 15 years.
My buddy, who was at Lejuene for a while, called it Officers Island.

We messed up and took the kids to a late night movie in Jacksonville one Friday.
When we came out there were a whole pile of cops just standing around.

I had to ask one of them what was going on , he said when a couple hundred 19 year old Marines get out the movie in a few minutes you'll see.
We left expeditiously.

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2916 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Over the past decade I spent almost every summer on the outer banks surfing, beach driving, camping and having a blast. OBX is one of my favorite places on earth. I’m going to have to check this out!

It's a decent show but don't expect it to represent the OBX in any way except there are water and boats.

I agree the OBX is a special place. I've spend cumulatively a few months there over the last 10 years. Mostly in the southern end(Buxton, Avon, Hatteras).

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16398 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I watched it.
Thought it was pretty entertaining albeit a bit juvenile.
Reminded me how fun life was at that age.

Posts: 22906 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Watched the last 3 episodes last night and it sure went sideways pretty fast.
Not at all what I was expecting. Went so sideways kind of took the fun out of it.
Still enjoyed it and looking forward to season 2.

Yup, it’s juvenile but it is fun.

I can somewhat relate, my mom was in the hospital for a little over 3 months of my senior year and my brother was away at college so supervision was pretty low.
We did some pretty wild stuff my senior year. Including being shot at for trespassing on the old Peter’s Cartridge Factory grounds.

————————————————

Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Also glad someone learned to fight.
Pope sure did step up his game.

————————————————

posted Hide Post
I liked the scenery a lot. The storyline was a little weak at times, but it was good.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
If you guys want to watch a very good OBX related movie check out The Peanut Butter Falcon...it’s an excellent little movie.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post