SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    James May visits Jay Leno's garage:
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

James May visits Jay Leno's garage: Login/Join 
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted

https://youtu.be/B5NNZjhzz3I?si=P8p3LhCVh6t82kc7

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18090 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice vid.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55164 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed that

Thanks

Posts: 53770 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
Fun!

Posts: 5059 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Would've been interesting to see the Three and Leno on the same show. Not sure the format, Leno is 10-years older than Jezza and May...

Every time Leno talked about a vehicle or, a location, you were expecting them to jump in and go for a ride...nope, just a wealthy guy giving an impromptu tour of his spectacular car collection.

Posts: 15053 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Golly, Jay is looking old. I should talk.
I took away from that these 2 messages:
1. You need to drive a car or it will go bad.
2. Electric cars don't require maintenance.

Posts: 18343 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
2. Electric cars don't require maintenance.

Just a battery tender for the car electronics if you don't drive.

Posts: 4423 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
Leno's collection is incredible. Museum quality, but they all run!

Posts: 10805 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
If you get to Nashville the Lane museum, which is open to the public, has a diverse and ever-changing inventory - of which essentially all of them run.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5671 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I was really struck by James and Jay discussing the benefits of EV's over ICE cars, with ICE cars described as for the hobbyist.
I don't think we're there yet; eventually we'll get there with better battery technology, more charging stations, and a more reliable power grid--and nuclear power, of course.

Elon Musk is posting on X how we're all going to be like Norway, which is outlawing new ICE cars after 2025!! But they are heavily subsidizing this with their proceeds from North Sea oil!! And of course there are no really long distances people are going to drive--realistically--in Norway.

Posts: 18343 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post