SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Idea for a new Halloween movie?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Idea for a new Halloween movie? Login/Join 
The loudest one in the room is the weakest one in the room
Picture of Rigby470
posted
Just once I would like to see them make a Halloween movie filled with gun guys, rednecks, concealed carry characters, etc. Especially the redneck route I think would be entertaining. Stupid yes, but seriously, how much more stupid could it be? I for one think it would be great entertainment. I know Michael Myers is supposed to be unkillable and all that. But still, it would be a fun change of pace!

========================

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Home Firearm Safety Instructor
NRA Range Officer
NRA Life Member

Arkansas Concealed Carry Instructor #13-943

Posts: 1103 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
There is an armed group of rednecks in Halloween 4. There's a scene where they shoot at a..., uh, "shape" in the bushes, but they end up killing an innocent local. They're joined by the state police at the end, but of course it's to no avail.

Posts: 5585 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The loudest one in the room is the weakest one in the room
Picture of Rigby470
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LastCubScout:
There is an armed group of rednecks in Halloween 4. There's a scene where they shoot at a..., uh, "shape" in the bushes, but they end up killing an innocent local. They're joined by the state police at the end, but of course it's to no avail.

Well I guess that figures. That is typically how gun guys are portrayed--trigger-happy and undisciplined.

========================

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Home Firearm Safety Instructor
NRA Range Officer
NRA Life Member

Arkansas Concealed Carry Instructor #13-943

Posts: 1103 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Min-Chin-Chu-Ru... Speed with Glare
posted Hide Post
Really, almost every non-spirit/ghost horror movie would be over in the first act if the protagonist(s) was/were appropriately armed.

I just watched a movie titled "The Ritual" in which four guys hiking through some woods are victimized by a monster vaguely the size and shape of a large moose. I couldn't help thinking how quickly the monster would have been dispatched if even one of the guys was carrying a decent handgun or shotgun.

Posts: 1266 | Location: MA | Registered: December 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
How about this scene from Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday? Once again, it doesn't really stop him.

Posts: 5585 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
They don't make that movie, because it would be over five minutes in. Then it just becomes a police procedural movie. The horror of paperwork, the terror of interviewing the would-be killer's friends and family, spooky evidence bags!

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Cannibal Amish Midgets, chewing on peoples feet while being chased by a talking goat and 7 foot pickle on roller skates with gnomes as mercenaries to stop the midgets.

Posts: 2775 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post