SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Amazon movie "Samaritan" with Stallone
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amazon movie "Samaritan" with Stallone Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
Weak.

Almost no story at all really. They could have done a lot with it, made it not just a typical super hero who is retired and burned out kind of thing. Could have had a lot more development of each character, there were some interesting possible avenues they just did nothing with. Not really worth the time, even for just killing some time with a generic hero movie.

.... SPOILER ......

... the "twist" was lame as hell and you could see it 10 miles away

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10728 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Angry Korean
with a Dark Soul
Picture of Windhover
posted Hide Post
I agree. This is what I sent to my friend who asked me what I thought.

Samaritan on Amazon is disappointing. Very slow pace, nonsensical plot, horrible dialogue, mediocre action sequences.

And the twist at the end was so very obvious. So much so that it feels vaguely insulting to actual plot twists

Posts: 1169 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Watched it last night. Agreed, could have done so much more with it. Not worth my time.

Posts: 339 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Watched it last night, in the mindless entertainment category. Lots of plot holes and I called the plot twist early on. I was entertained enough to finish it

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I stopped at Stallone.

Thanks for confirming the right decision.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12717 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Weak.

So...another typical Stallone movie Big Grin

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16688 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Shocked I tell you!

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
I liked it myself. It would be easy to pick it apart, but I thought the action scenes were worth it. It was different for a PG rated super hero film, guess I am easily entertained.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
Watched it last night, in the mindless entertainment category. Lots of plot holes and I called the plot twist early on. I was entertained enough to finish it

Same but it took everything I had to finish it. First half of the movie, not bad for a streaming thing. Second half was awful and it just kept getting worse. You knew it was bad when the kid asks him to go to the roof and show him how to fight. Dude is this Rocky or another superho thing, I forget.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12624 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Beautiful Mind
Picture of DetonicsMk6
posted Hide Post
The last of his movies for me was Rambo. Shortly thereafter he either said or I found out he'd said that the police should go door-to-door and take everyone's firearms.

Posts: 4811 | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
It was pretty bad but probably still better than half of Stallone's movies.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DetonicsMk6:
The last of his movies for me was Rambo. Shortly thereafter he either said or I found out he'd said that the police should go door-to-door and take everyone's firearms.

Yep, he is one of the original "I-Make-A-Lot-Of-Money-Glamourizing-Guns-But-You-Can't-Have-One" assholes.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16688 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I've seen worse .... much worse .... so what?
Mildly entertaining but if you are a critic then go criticize but the making of this film didn't bother me.
Every film doesn't need to be a blockbuster. Eek

Posts: 22899 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post