SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Stuart Margolin
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stuart Margolin Login/Join 
posted
May have missed it but could find no reference to the recent passing of the great Stuart Margolin. What would Rockford Files have been without Angel?

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, although he has 183 acting credits to his name, the very first thing I think of when I hear his name is Angel on The Rockford Files. Great TV.

Also, Margolin had a couple of funny turns on MASH.

Posts: 107498 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The first I remember seeing him was in another James Garner series, Nichols, in the early '70s. It was entertaining, but only lasted a year or two. His character had a goofy Bull Terrier named Slump.

Posts: 770 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: January 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The first role of his I think of is “Little Joe” in “Kelly’s Heroes”.

Posts: 375 | Location: The Dark And Bloody Ground | Registered: July 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
I'm glad you started this thread because, while I recognized his name immediately, I never heard the news cover his passing.

Here is his IMDB listing of his (impressive) body of work:

IMDB - Stuart Margolin

Yeah, his character of Angel on The Rockford Files is the first role I instantly think of him in also... but I will say that I remember him in one episode of Magnum P. I. (the original series) playing Magnum's loveable old scam artist Navy buddy (Hot) Rod Chrysler.

He played a door-to-door encyclopedia salesman that conned Magnum and TC into participating in an illegal scam.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
Sad to hear - he was an excellent actor

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3921 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not a word on any news site or tv channel.

Turns out he was an Iowa kid .

He did a fine job on many of his roles

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54602 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Reports say he died of pancreatic cancer, while living here in Virginia. He was scheduled to appear at a nearby nostalgia convention in November but cancelled for what are now obvious reasons.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear he is gone.

Of course he was great as Angel.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this. I loved him as Angel. He was so sleazy; you could always depend on to cut and run when things got hot, leaving Rockford in the lurch. Big Grin

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6395 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post