SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Dabney Coleman died
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dabney Coleman died Login/Join 
posted
He did some very good stuff

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55141 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Weird. I was just thinking about two movies he was in:

Modern Problems with Chevy Chase and Nine To Five with Dolly Parton.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15473 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
92 years is a good run.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5498 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
He was great.

I LOVED Short Time. Good support roles in Wargames and Cloak and Dagger too.

Posts: 5224 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
sad news - I liked him in War Games and a few shows he did

yeah, 92 - he did good

Posts: 53750 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Loved his brief (2 seasons) television series Buffalo Bill.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16826 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoctorSolo:
He was great.

I LOVED Short Time. Good support roles in Wargames and Cloak and Dagger too.

My favorite two roles of his. RIP Mr. Coleman.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12907 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Portrayed Costner dad in Yellowstone. Great actor. Good guy. Rest easy DC

Posts: 13858 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Many people probably don't recall that he had a memorable role in On Golden Pond. Also The Man With One Red Shoe. Many many favorites.
He played an old robber baron type in Boardwalk Empire very well. Probably the most serious role I ever saw him in.

Wargames, Nine-to-Five, Dragnet (the 90's Ackroyd one), Modern Problems, North Dallas Forty, are the ones that come to mind.

He was very good. This is technically a loss, but I'm proud that he lived to 92. Hell of a run.

Posts: 7380 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
He was one of those actors who for the longest time I thought was a jerk, because all the roles I'd seen him in, he was a jerk.

One thing I always remember was an interview, maybe with Johnny Carson?, and he made a comment about the movie Cloak and Dagger, where he said something like "It was in the theaters from July 13th through the 15th", which even the way he said it sounded a bit like a jerk, but it was self deprecating and came off okay.

Not someone you saw a lot, so when I did I liked it. Like in Boardwalk Empire, I thought "oh cool great choice of actor."

Posts: 21325 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Recently discovered an old series "The Guardian" which he has a prominent role along with Simon Baker ~ lawyer series.
It's pretty entertaining and he is good in that show.

Posts: 23171 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check out his list of movies on the Wiki.

Had about two dozen more than I thought he had.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55141 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Always liked him. He was good in Amos And Andrew. If you haven't seen it it's good entertainment.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8611 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My friends wife lived in Hollywood for a few years in her 20s and 30s. She did some back office production work for a studio and she got to know him in his later years. She had pics with him on multiple occasions. Kind of a random celeb to make up a story about so I don’t doubt her. she said he was a genuinely nice man in his later years when she knew him. Maybe it’s because she was more of a co worker than a fangirl. Good actor, enjoyed his work.

Posts: 4943 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post