SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Ice Road on Netflix - Don't bother.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Ice Road on Netflix - Don't bother. Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
1. Liam Neeson.

2. Hackneyed, entirely predictable plot.

3. A long list of physically impossible "solutions" to an unending series of "challenges".

It is a serious measure of just how pitiful viewing choices are that I watched the whole thing. 90 minutes I'll never get back.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15223 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up. I was going to watch it.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1852 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Neesons career seems to be taking the same path that Nicholas Cage is on.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16086 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
Imagine Liam Neeson as a truck driver who listens to country music and chews on a toothpick. Yeah, it's bad.

JC

Posts: 1269 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, wife and I watched it this afternoon. Two thumbs down for sure.

Nick
nick_mur

Posts: 98 | Location: Peoria IL | Registered: December 17, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
I’ve watched worse.

But I went in with low expectations.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
His same character from "Next of Kin" 30 yrs later?

quote:
Originally posted by JohnCourage:
Imagine Liam Neeson as a truck driver who listens to country music and chews on a toothpick. Yeah, it's bad.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
It was Michael Caine who said "I've made an awful lot of films. In fact, I've made a lot of awful films. But I made a lot of money"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5907 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
I’ve watched worse.

But I went in with low expectations.

Yeah, I agree.
Not so terrible that I can call it a WOT.
Now days the pickin' is thin on movies so I'm not complaining.

Posts: 22902 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dan03833
posted Hide Post
That movie just plain ducked. About as complicated plot of a Threes Company episode.

Posts: 1538 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: February 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I saw the trailer and said yeah this looks bad. Real bad. Enter me being very sick and basically on bed rest for a week. Let’s watch this terrible movie. And terrible it was.

Liam needs to freaking retire. Fight scenes were as expected with an 80 year old fragile man that thinks he can act as a tough guy. The fight scenes were some of the worst I have ever seen. Heck, they brought comedic relief and a snicker from me. Movie might be worth watching just for that alone.

And let’s not even mention that it would be impossible to flip a semi and trailer over on the ice without a very large rotator wrecker. But they got it done , all alone, out there on the ice (with the rotator clearly out of picture but the lines still visible. Uh huh….

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Yeah, the trailer flipping scene had my bullshit meter smoking. Just for the hell of it, let's say they COULD manage to right the trailer. What's gonna happen when all that weight comes slamming down on the ice?

I particularly liked the "drill a hole in the ice and use a piece of pipe as an anchor" approach.

Sooooo much bullshit...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15223 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
Wish I had clicked on this thread earlier. I agree, piss poor, just not worth watching.

Posts: 3851 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Is this a remake of the old french - excellent - movie The Wages of Fear (le salaire de la peur)?

If i remember correctly, a couple of truckers needed to transport nitroglicerine to stop a fire... saw it 40 years ago, at least.

Agreed that Neeson needs to stop doing what he's doing. It has become painful to watch.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12107 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 0-0:
Is this a remake of the old french - excellent - movie The Wages of Fear (le salaire de la peur)?

If i remember correctly, a couple of truckers needed to transport nitroglicerine to stop a fire... saw it 40 years ago, at least.

Agreed that Neeson needs to stop doing what he's doing. It has become painful to watch.

0-0

0-0, I have not seen Wages of Fear but the remake was the 1977 film Sorcerer. It was a good flick with a great soundtrack by Tangerine Dream.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076740/?ref_=tt_pg

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I kept thinking did they intentionally make it this bad? I mean its like 1980s made for TV movie bad.

Posts: 1072 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hberttmank:
quote:
Originally posted by 0-0:

0-0

0-0, I have not seen Wages of Fear but the remake was the 1977 film Sorcerer. It was a good flick with a great soundtrack by Tangerine Dream.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076740/?ref_=tt_pg

Thank you.
Come to think of it, i do remember the album cover with the bridge and the creepy truck, i think. Completely forgotten the movie tittle

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12107 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post