SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Super Bob Einstein Movie on HBO
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Super Bob Einstein Movie on HBO Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
There's a new documentary about Bob "Super Dave" Einstein, IMO one of the funniest men ever. I just started to watch the documentary. It looks like it will be good, but I had to turn it off for the moment, because right at the beginning, freaking Rob Reiner, Jimmy Kimmel and other disgusting leftist pukes show up. In this case, I'm willing to take the bad with the good.

But first, a couple of clips of Bob doing what he did best.

I love how he acts indignant, but if you listen closely, you can hear him tell Norm he loves him. Smile

"This is the cheapest thing I've ever been involved with!!" Big Grin

I love this joke and I love how Bob stares at Letterman when Letterman starts to laugh. Big Grin

Posts: 107722 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Sorry Para. I'll be that guy. Never found him to be all that funny. Obviously to each their own.

As an aside this is one, if not the only, time I find myself in disagreement with you.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16253 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I remember SuperDave from the David Letterman days. Most of Larry David is ad-libbed, including this joke from Dave...NSFW!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12350 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Balloon ball!

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8364 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Super Dave was funny, remember him from my yout...

Posts: 23575 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Yeah, back in the day I never missed Super Dave, he was great.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9369 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Riffin' on Watergate

Posts: 107722 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
Unless you're from Chicago, you probably haven't heard of Jonathon Brandmeier. He was a local DJ, he had a band, and he was quite popular starting in the 80s. As a big fan of Johnny B, I didn't miss a single of his podcasts that started at the beginning of Covid. Johnny was also a big fan of Super Dave and had him on his show many times. After Dave died, Johnny put this tribute together for him. A lot of old clips of Dave telling raunchy jokes.

https://brandmeiershow.com/202...alute-to-super-dave/

Year V

Posts: 2634 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Love Bob Einstein and love Norm MacDonald and I even love Adam Eget.

Bob was great on Curb, as well. His deadpan, indignant delivery was legendary. Hard to believe he could keep a straight face being such a zany character and acting opposite so many genuinely funny people.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10496 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post