SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Bodies Bodies Bodies- possibly a movie for fans of the horror/ comedy genre
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bodies Bodies Bodies- possibly a movie for fans of the horror/ comedy genre Login/Join 
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted
Normally I wouldn't be interested in a flick like this but, according to a movie critic I heard describing this movie, it lampoons the Gen Z generation and their self absorbed superficiality and virtual signalling wokeism.

Basic premise is several Gen Zrs are partying alone at a mansion playing games, something along the lines of a hurricane party, when one of them dies, and the blame-game finger-pointing starts.

Director is a Dutch woman who doesn't have many movies to her credit.

* Profanity warning *

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DMgLMaLlK9k

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cTzGKsZjBOY

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Going to see this today with Mrs. MASig. Desperate to see a movie (obviously), and it was the only one that fit our schedule. I'll post a review later.

Posts: 43 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: May 31, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Cant do anything with Pete Davidson. I despise that turd.

I know, all actors are turds, but we all can ignore most of them and just be entertained, and then we have those couple we cant get past at all and want to punch someone in the taint when we see them on screen.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Cant do anything with Pete Davidson. I despise that turd.

I know, all actors are turds, but we all can ignore most of them and just be entertained, and then we have those couple we cant get past at all and want to punch someone in the taint when we see them on screen.

I’m starting to wonder if him playing a turd is all a big act. I really can’t stand him either but laughed my ass off at this with him:

Posts: 33776 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Definitely a lampoon of Gen Z, and if Pete Davidson isn't the gold medalist for being an annoying prick, he's at least on the podium. Sorry that I went to see it, and I should have known better.

Posts: 43 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: May 31, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MASig:
Definitely a lampoon of Gen Z, and if Pete Davidson isn't the gold medalist for being an annoying prick, he's at least on the podium. Sorry that I went to see it, and I should have known better.

Thanks for taking one for the team. Big Grin

Ya know, in one sense, you're kinda like Chad... only more intelligent and sophisticated. Big Grin

In all seriousness, thanks for the review. I was originally thinking I might wait until this hit the library...but naw, I'll skip it.

I hope that at least the popcorn and nachos were good so that it wasn't a complete waste of you and your wife's time, or maybe you were able to grab a nice dinner afterwards.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:

Thanks for taking one for the team. Big Grin

Ya know, in one sense, you're kinda like Chad... only more intelligent and sophisticated. Big Grin

In all seriousness, thanks for the review. I was originally thinking I might wait until this hit the library...but naw, I'll skip it.

I hope that at least the popcorn and nachos were good so that it wasn't a complete waste of you and your wife's time, or maybe you were able to grab a nice dinner afterwards.

That's me; Team Player! We had zero expectations going in and our expectations were met. That being said, we had reclining seats, good beer and popcorn, and an almost empty theater (yes, I know why there was no one there).