SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Canam Outlander VS Polaris Sportsman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Canam Outlander VS Polaris Sportsman Login/Join 
You didn't get penetration
even with the elephant gun.
Picture of cheeze
posted
Yello-
I’ve been riding a Honda dual sport for years on the trails around my area and, being married with three kids, it’s been my most valued “me” time activitiy. It’s therapy for sure. I have a group of friends that ride mixed quads and bikes and we explore all around southern Az. I’ve gotten pretty proficient with the bike but, being in my early 40s, I’ve started to shake hands with my own mortality. If I get hurt, I can’t make money and it takes longer to heal for sure. One of the things that sticks out in my mind is that I’ve had a few minor crashes over the years on my bike but my buddies on their quads never crash, bail, or fall off. Being a mature family man I’m beginning to understand I should probably be on 4 wheels, no matter how good I am on two.
I’ve been searching and it looks like the nicest 4x4 quads are the sportsman, outlander, grizzly, and rubicon. The grizzly and rubicon seem much rarer in my area so I’ve settled on the sportsman and outlander.
I’d like to ask you guys to share your experiences and knowledge on the two so I may narrow my search and decide which is best for me. Thanks in advance for your help.

DONT TREAD ON ME

Posts: 2245 | Location: AZ | Registered: January 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
I don't know about current models, but the engineer that I used to work for and I used a Polaris quad and a 6 wheeler to survey ski lift lines all over the northeast. He was a stickler for proper maintenance and they never let us down when we are on the side of a mountain.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3448 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post