SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Restaurant Impossible Pulled From Food Network For Discovery+ Then Back Again
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Restaurant Impossible Pulled From Food Network For Discovery+ Then Back Again Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
Anyone here watch Robert Irvine's show Restaurant Impossible? I really like this guy, he doesn't seem like a phony and a stuck up asshole like so many other Food Network types. I heard he lives in NJ now too.

We were watching a new episode last night and while trying to look up some episode info, I stumbled upon this, sounds like they tried to pull his show and a whole lot of other content off Food Network and other cable networks and put it exclusively on Discovery+ where we all would have to pay YET ANOTHER bill to watch something and people apparently have not been signing up for it and they put it back on Food Network.

I for one am not paying for yet another streaming service, this is getting ridiculous.

It sounds like these networks are not seeing people signing up by the droves for Discovery+

OOPS! Big Grin

“Love Restaurant Impossible? Now, Discovery+ is the only place to watch new episodes.” (January 10, 2021)

Restaurant Impossible back on Food Network after its move to Discovery+ is reversed (March 11, 2021)

Posts: 33802 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pistolria
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I really like him and his show. He definitely seems to care about the people and their restaurants.

Didn't know the show was being moved to Discovery+ and would not have paid!

Posts: 672 | Location: Jacksonville Beach, FL | Registered: July 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Robert Irvine's

yeah, lucky for him everyone including the network has forgotten 2008 and his lies.

Posts: 395 | Registered: June 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by uzigalil:
quote:
Robert Irvine's

yeah, lucky for him everyone including the network has forgotten 2008 and his lies.

To be fair, he came clean about it and was basically fired from Food Network for a year.

I read that he DID in fact *help* make Diana and Charles wedding cake…as a culinary student probably doing prep work on it. They traditionally have fruitcake as wedding cake in Britain so I’m thinking he was handed a case of raisins and a case of dates etc and told “pick out the PERFECT ones”. Yes, his claim that he personally made their wedding cake was wildly exaggerated but he did come clean.

I still think he’s more real and honest than 98% of these food “celebs”.

Posts: 33802 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
At the least, he learned real quick the value of humility.

He’s also been on Chopped and Iron Chef America and made dishes under pressure that I’d want to eat.

Posts: 4164 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post