SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Angelina Jolie and Director, Screenwriter Taylor Sheridan; What Could Go Wrong?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Angelina Jolie and Director, Screenwriter Taylor Sheridan; What Could Go Wrong? Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I thought it was mediocre at best.

I saw it on HBO. I've spent 2 hours on worse, but don't expect greatness.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
No comment from anyone about the lightning scene? There were only about 10 people in the theater and every one of them could hear me laughing. How about the FF, wearing Nomex, who burst into flame when the burning tree fell near him. Really?!? Flammable Nomex?

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
It sucked. Bad. Another thoughtless and sloppy special effects extravaganza.

I watched it on HBO Max and am still pissed off at myself for doing so.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
“I read the wind wrong.”

What?!? No you didn’t, but apparently you weren’t informed on fire weather conditions and forecasts. How about you initiated direct attack without an anchor point or establishing a safety zone. At least half of the “10 Standard Firefighting Orders” were violated.

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
It's a very bad movie. Like if a Taylor Sheridan idea got hijacked by Roland Emmerich and turned into a disaster movie.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
My smokin hot wife wants to watch this, with me Confused Frown

Posts: 5318 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
My smokin hot wife wants to watch this, with me Confused Frown

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
“I read the wind wrong.”

What?!? No you didn’t, but apparently you weren’t informed on fire weather conditions and forecasts. How about you initiated direct attack without an anchor point or establishing a safety zone. At least half of the “10 Standard Firefighting Orders” were violated.

You realize people aren't watching this to learn how to be firefighters? Most fiction takes liberties with technical details that aren't of any interest to the average consumer. Fire fighting techniques seem particularly arcane to me.

I know this can make it hard to not be distracted when you do know the details, but you just can't expect otherwise. We've talked about it with gun handling. I try not to let the technical mistakes ruin a movie or book, but I get it, sometimes they do.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Technical aspects of firefighting is at least 50th on the list of dumb things in this movie.

No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Ha YJ, I made it through another night without watching this POS

Posts: 5318 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
Ha YJ, I made it through another night without watching this POS

hope it's ok but your smokin' hot wife wanted to watch this movie with me, so I've now seen it twice. Big Grin

No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the save bro

Cool

No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I watched it last night with very low expectations, I was entertained

It works if you don't think about anything, or how things really work,it was all believable Roll Eyes and the wife was happy

quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Watched it this weekend - didn't think it was bad.
But I am not a movie critic nor looking to be viewed as smart because I am discriminating for not liking something.
I just want to be entertained and I was.

Posts: 22904 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Watched it this weekend - didn't think it was bad.
But I am not a movie critic nor looking to be viewed as smart because I am discriminating for not liking something.
I just want to be entertained and I was.
Where you entertained ?

Posts: 105 | Registered: March 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will disagree. I went in with low expectations so when I basically enjoyed it I was surprised. I really don’t GAS about hot shot technique or firefighting in the woods in general so technical flaws didn’t move my needle in either direction. Yes the lightning scene was absurd. Ending a movie with absolutely no closure or explanation is unacceptable. Up till then I was entertained and that’s all I really ask for.

Posts: 7472 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post