SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Eagles Hotel California Tour
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Eagles Hotel California Tour Login/Join 
posted
If this concert comes to your town, see it.

Somehow I missed it and heard about it on the radio on Monday. I got "resale" tickets on Ticketbastard Monday night. Apparently people can resell their tickets on the website, and I got a pair on the main floor second section back. From talking to the people that sat next to me I paid well below face value.

So for my 50th birthday on Tuesday (first in my lineage to reach 50 in three generations) I took my son to see the show, at the Fieldhouse in Indy.

No opener. First set was the entire Hotel California album, with full orchestra strings and chorus. Second set was a double set with everything else you ever wanted to hear from the Eagles. Maybe some bands don't like doing greatest hits tours, but who else can play 3 hours solid of songs that everyone knows and loves.

Joe got to do three of his own songs (Life's Been Good, Funk #49, and Rocky Mountain Way) and Don did one (Boys of Summer). Vince Gill is the perfect fill-in for the late Glen Frey. If you didn't know the band lineup that well, you would never know he wasn't the original singer. The guy that replaced Don Felder is outstanding as well.

Sound was near perfectly balanced. You could hear everything and everyone, no harshness at all. Probably the best show I've seen in a long long time. I saw the Hell Freezes Over tour at Tiger Stadium in 1994. This was better.

Joe said it best "It was more fun being in my 20's in the 70's than being in my 70's in the 20's"

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
My Wife mentioned to me that they would be in Chicago.
I was surprised that they were still a band.
I thought about it for about 1 second and then came to the conclusion that tickets would be unobtainable and the price if available would be out of sight.
Glad to hear you were able to see them.

Posts: 4604 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Try to look for the resale tickets. People who can't attend may sell lower than face value especially close in to performance. I lucked out, and it was worth it.

I got mine from Ticketmaster as re-sells. Main floor second section from the stage, right side. Imagine a phone keypad 9 digits are sections on main floor, I was in "6. $269 each. People next to me said that was a lot lower than face value. Either someone that had to cancel their plans or a person who bought extras dumping them the night before the show. I assume the seller can price them however much they want (and probably Tickemaster gets a %), but you buy them just like any other tickets.

So it's Ticketmaster sanctioned scalping, sort of. Since everything is electronic now it's pretty simple.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Lefty Sig,

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a pair of tickets to see them in Tulsa at the BOK center in May. The wife and I are looking forward to it, it will be a great concert!

Posts: 446 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JPD217
posted Hide Post
Probably my favorite band of all time.

I’ve seen them four times, once in the 70’s, the Hell Freezes Over tour and twice since 2000. The last was their History of the Eagles tour. Doesn’t seem right without Glenn, but I will be going again if they get close to my area.

Posts: 2585 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: August 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
Deacon Frey, Glenn's son is the other Eagle on tour with them.

Posts: 6603 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:

Joe said it best "It was more fun being in my 20's in the 70's than being in my 70's in the 20's"

Ain't that the truth?

Awesome time in history. Cool

Posts: 22842 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ogie:

He was not there, he left the tour due to some personal or health issue. Not sure if/when he's coming back.

Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
quote:
Originally posted by Ogie:

He was not there, he left the tour due to some personal or health issue. Not sure if/when he's coming back.

Wow! I did not know that.

Posts: 6603 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Eagles flew into Tulsa BOK center last night it was a very good show. My wife and i had a great time and spent plenty of money.A good time had by all!

Posts: 446 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Eagles hit the sweet spot in music for me when they came out in with their first album in 72 when I was 17 and almost ready to graduate. That debut album turned out to be nearly all hits. Glen Frey said in the history video that "people didn't just listen to the Eagles they did things to the Eagles" That was true for me. Nearly every song has a time, place and event in my life.

Fifty years later and they are still getting a large chunk of playing time on fm radio both rock and country. Not many bands can say that in fact they may be the only one.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8500 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
We heard them in Spokane right before Frey died. Absolutely outstanding.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4210 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post