New
Find
Notify
Tools

Old Song Videos Login/Join 
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted
I love some of the old classic songs and I love looking for the old videos for them. Lots of times when you google an old song you get a video that it not quite original. I love hunting down videos that are more close to the original, preferably ones that show the band singing without all the effects or ones that are the music without the performance. To me it brings the listener much loser to the song.

Got any oldies to add?

I'll start. Oak ridge Boys, Leaving Louisiana In The Broad Daylight. 1979.

One of my favorite bands growing up was Jay And The Americans, so here is one of my favorite songs.

And the classic American Band...The Beach Boys

I love these guys... Jan And Dean.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1332 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
My friend, I’ll see your Oak Ridge Boys and raise you an Emmylou Harris. BTW, the song is one of Rodney Crowell’s who was in The Hot Band back then.

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She was only 14 when she sang this. This video is a classic. I could dance much better than those folks!

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
This song is not as old as the others in this thread, so you may not consider it a classic, but I've always found the song very haunting. The song is from the early 80s, but this version of the video is from a movie of the early 90s. Plus, it has the incomparable Jennifer Connelly, so that makes it a worthwhile watch.

Posts: 1645 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by TMats:
[/FLASH_VIDEO][/QUOTE] [FLASH_VIDEO]

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
TMats, that was excellent! I am a fan of Emmylou Harris but I don't think I have ever heard that. I kind of like it better. It has a 'haunting' quality, not so much a 'fun' quality like the Oak Ridge Boys has. Good listen.

Keep them coming, I grew up on 50's and 60's music, I don't think I head a "modern" song until 1984 when I bought a Twisted Sister tape and played "We're Not Gonna Take It" over and over. I then realized modern music sucked and went back to my Beach Boys and Jay And The Americans lol.

^^^
And the Box Tops. Never knew their name, but I know the songs.

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Monkey, the hair in that video....was epic. Bravo, just bravo..

Here is one that reminds me of a little pizza parlor back home. The old Venus Cafe had an autographed picture of Tom jones hanging behind the bar, and when I was old enough I drank a beer there. I remember that picture, and I remember my beer.

Tom Jones isn't the original, but I love this song just the same.

And because I like originality, here is Porter Wagoner.

california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

And now for something a little different, the classic Nine Pound Hammer, performed by the Tony Rice Jam, with the peerless Rice on flat pick guitar, Sam Bush on mandolin, Mark O'Connor on fiddle, and a very young Jerry Douglas on Dobro.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u964a0f38s

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ronnie Spector still peforms in her 70s. Phil Spector,her crazy ex who produced the famous Wall of Sound remains incarcerated for murder.

posted Hide Post

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up2YylaSSgk

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cyh__QQD2js

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DeadHead
Picture of two-two-niner-romeo
posted Hide Post
Muddy "Mississippi" Waters......

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gNs-29s-0Q

"Being miserable and treating other people like dirt is every New Yorker's God-given right!" - GhostBusters II

"You have all the tools you need. Don't blame them. Use them." - Dan Worrall

Posts: 1899 | Location: Putnam County, NY | Registered: May 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

One of my favorites from the early 1960s, Sam Cooke had one of the purest voices I've ever heard. It's too bad he left us so young.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPr3yvkHYsE

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
My friend, I’ll see your Oak Ridge Boys and raise you an Emmylou Harris.

Emmylou had some really nice backup on that album, including Albert Lee, James Burton, Willie Nelson, and Ricky Skaggs.

When in doubt, mumble