SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Mellencamp doesn't like noise
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mellencamp doesn't like noise Login/Join 
Barbarian at the Gate
Picture of Belwolf
posted
I always thought he was sort of a twerp this sort of proves it.

Caution, link has popups and Johnny swears.
Shut up

“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”
― John Adams

"Fire can be our friend; whether it's toasting marshmallows, or raining down on Charlie."
- Principal Skinner.

Posts: 4363 | Location: Thonotosassa, FL | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He still thinks he is cool. Riding Jane Pauley around on his bike killed that. I wonder if he hands out mints should someone cough during his performance. BTW no helmet either.

Posts: 17257 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Sometimes they think they are the audience..

Posts: 13816 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
He's too old.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Never been a fan of Johnny Cougar. But it is not just in Cleveland, but he does his schtick in San Francisco also. NSFW

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16718 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I like a lot of his songs, but not a total fan.

I think he'd do himself a huge favor by not calling the audience, the fucking audience. Roll Eyes

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38699 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
I'm with him on that issue. There are always some assholes who would hoot and holler at a show. Drives me nuts, especially when they would intentionally do it at a quiet moment, totally ruining the mood.

It's not a private show, there are many others who also paid money to listen to music, not some drunk or stoned out fucks who had to express their appreciation by being disruptive.

Posts: 2664 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Expectations ,
There's a time and a place , in this day and age they go right out the window.

The general population has gotten severely distorted and polarized about expectations.

The term "progress" has a new ,additional meaning.

Effing with old people .

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54679 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
He should retire.

Perhaps his ego isn't letting him do so.

Posts: 107672 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I'm with Rawny, and Mr. Cougar. STFU and listen to the music.

Edited to add: I'll say to the performers, STFU and play the music. I don't want to hear your views on transgenderism or any other issue. I came to hear your music.

I may have mentioned this previously, but we went to a Jackson Browne concert a year or so ago. And, while I like his music, I hate his politics. Sure enough, he had to spout off on global warming or some such crap. There were not just a few yells from the crowd to shut up and play your music.

Posts: 20122 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
He should retire.

Exactly. If audiences are so annoying, there's an easy way to avoid them.

Posts: 2488 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

The guy is a pompous blowhard, self-inflating ego by giving himself blowjobs because he is such a serious artist. That he wants to be treated like a Broadway play or an art exhibit in a museum, instead of a rock n roll entertainer.

Instead of being grateful that he still has fans that pay concert money and show enthusiasm for his hit songs, he calls them "motherfuckers". Entertainers with ten times more talent than him would never do this shit, and these fans weren't heckling him or throwing stuff at him.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16718 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

I do not care for the guy, but if you are interested in his lifestyle

Posts: 17257 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
He's a leftist asshole:

https://ultimateclassicrock.co...-young-donald-trump/

He was a guest host on TCM not too long ago and former Young Turks commie asshole Ben Mankiewicz (whose name you know only because of things dead relatives of his did- nepotism at its most acute, because he has no talent) was sucking his dick and ol' John Cougar was bragging about his talents as a painter. They showed him in his studio and I am not impressed.

He's full of himself and he can just FOAD as far as I'm concerned. Today would be just fine.

Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Weird. Live music without a live audience...interesting concept.

Posts: 1972 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, he's an artist... Roll Eyes

Posts: 14669 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He's full of himself. But had he said something about people that insist on standing during a concert with no regard to the people sitting behind them, I could be on board with him.

Posts: 5744 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Listen to this ignorant son of a bitch:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/...e-live-better-slaves

Liberal comedian Bill Maher got into a tense exchange with musician John Mellencamp on Monday after the "Ain’t That America" singer claimed only 1 or 2% of Black people living in America today have better lives than slaves.

During an appearance on Maher's "Club Random Podcast," Mellencamp revealed he wrote a song called "From The Cotton Field to the Playing Fields" that he never recorded because he believed it was "wrong."

The song’s message was an attempt to show how White people love to have Black entertainers and often exploit them.

"I would say that the playing fields are a lot better than the cotton fields," Maher said 29 minutes into the interview. "That’s what I would say about that. Maybe I’m crazy, John, but it seems like making no money as a slave picking cotton—it was not as good as playing left field for the Yankees."

As Maher attempted to continue his argument, Mellencamp interjected and said there is "no doubt" that "1 or 2% of Black people" in America "have a better life."

"Oh, stop, that’s what you think?" Maher responded. "1 or 2%?"

"Okay, let’s say 10%. I just pulled a number out of my ass," Mellencamp said.

Maher then told Mellencamp that is where his opinion "belongs."

Mellencamp again said he had pulled the number out of thin air when Maher said his claim was "just not true."

The conversation, highlighted by OutKick, again grew heated when Mellencamp said the Second Amendment should be changed to remove guns from Americans.

"All I’m saying is that a good place to start is to get these fucking guns away from people," Mellencamp exclaimed. "Just because it’s the Second Amendment, change this– and people go, ‘You can’t change the Second Amendment.’ Fuck you can, it’s an amendment. Change it."

Maher urged Mellencamp to be "realistic," noting, "that’s never going to happen in America."

"If they start showing these fucking kids laying there dead, it will," Mellencamp stressed.

Maher again disagreed and said people who love guns "love them on a level" that some cannot understand, calling it a "primal" and "personal issue."

"It’s like pot smokers are with pot. It’s very in our personal space, and the idea of taking it away– liberals are always at a disadvantage with this issue because it’s not a visceral issue to say, ‘Guns are bad.’ It’s visceral to be like, ‘This thing I like they’re going to take from me.’ I don’t think you’re ever going to change that. They’re not going to rewrite the Second Amendment," Maher said.

Mellencamp, who has been outspoken about politics throughout his career, has been criticized by both sides of the political spectrum.

In May, Mellencamp was criticized by liberal leaders after releasing a song about Portland, Oregon, that opined on the city’s homeless and drug crisis.

In November, the singer-songwriter faced backlash from conservatives after he was pictured sitting for the national anthem during an Indianapolis Colts-Philadelphia Eagles game.

Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Well, now I can't wait to hear of his fatal drug overdose.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
I read that and laughed. I love that Maher quickly corrected him. Gotta call out the nonsense.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5912 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post