SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Killers of the Flower Moon
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Killers of the Flower Moon Login/Join 
posted
Anyone seen the film? I am interested to see if it is any good. It is long at over three hours.

Posts: 17242 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
The previews look great, but I just can’t bring myself to go see any more movies with King Asshat Robert De Niro as part of the cast, regardless of the size of the part. He has to interject politics and smears of Trump every time he opens his cake hole. Just tired of him.

He’s turned into a real [fill in the blank]…

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Kinda looks like shooting fish in a barrel.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8349 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
The previews look great, but I just can’t bring myself to go see any more movies with King Asshat Robert De Niro as part of the cast,

Plus, it's now RDN playing RDN playing some character in the limited scope of RDN.

Posts: 7360 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The previews look great, but I just can’t bring myself to go see any more movies with King Asshat Robert De Niro as part of the cast,

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
We are all different. I certainly do not care for his politcal views but that will not prevent me from seeing a film.

Posts: 17242 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
I watched a couple of documentaries on YT. Those were wicked people.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5965 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This one looks good. Wife even mentioned it and how I might like it due to the historical context. I saw the new top gun in a theater last summer and hadn’t been in a theater for several years prior. Nothing excited me enough. I may actually pay money for this one.

One issue is unless a movie is YUGE it’s out of the theaters so fast and available on demand seems within weeks I don’t need to go. Seems years ago a movie would stick around for a while in theaters even after the opening few weekends rush had worn off.

Posts: 4774 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Min-Chin-Chu-Ru... Speed with Glare
posted Hide Post
We saw it yesterday. The wife had read the book and wanted to see it right away. It was excellent and never dragged, despite its three hour plus running time. I’m glad I saw it. I thought it was a better film than The Irishman. Killers in my opinion is a more effective, cohesive and vividly conceived film.

However it will be streaming on Apple TV in about six weeks and I imagine rentable at that point. If you have no particular interest in seeing it right away I suppose you could wait as there are no special effects or vistas that require seeing it in a theater if you have a good home theater setup.

Posts: 1266 | Location: MA | Registered: December 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the subject was covered in a Tik Tok

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54655 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed it. Walked in not knowing how long it was or even the background story. Like others have found, it didn’t seem as long as it was. Would have liked a deeper backstory on some of the other characters. Some of the murders depicted were unnecessary in the story telling.

It’s worth the watch but probably not something you will watch over and over.

Posts: 1353 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Now available for streaming on Apple TV+.

I thought it was very good. (As expected... It's a Scorsese film, after all!)

Some of the cinematography is fantastic.

And I was quite glad to see DeNiro play someone other than himself again. Big Grin It's one of his best roles in years.

While DiCaprio and DeNiro are the top bills, I enjoyed a number of the actors in some of the smaller roles a lot more. They sure pulled in some real characters for supporting roles. It has a very authentic feel, as opposed to casting the whole thing with the usual shiny, happy, fit, and beautiful Hollywood types (down to the extras).

Has a very diverse cast, including a number of subtle cameos/small roles by other famous actors, as well as some singers and the like.

As noted above, it never dragged or felt overly long, despite its 3.5 hour runtime.

Posts: 32522 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
He has to interject politics and smears of Trump every time he opens his cake hole. Just tired of him.

This whole movie is "interjecting politics".

White man bad.

Pass.

Posts: 20111 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
I think in this particular case, it can be truthfully said "white man bad".

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16190 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInAR:
I think in this particular case, it can be truthfully said "white man bad".

L O L… I was literally just about to post the exact same phrase.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12337 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I don't pay to see movies these days, and I damn sure don't pay to see DeNiro in a movie.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107624 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I don't pay to see movies these days, and I damn sure don't pay to see DeNiro in a movie.

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7632 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe it's just "people bad." There are a lot of movies on that subject.

Posts: 2486 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Yep. Some people bad. Some people good.

Not all white people in the movie are bad. Not all of the non-white people in the movie are good.

At no point is it political, preachy, or anti-white.

It'd be like watching a movie about Al Capone and his 1920s mobsters, and complaining that it must be anti-white liberal propaganda because all of the gangsters happen to be white guys, when that's just how it was in the real life circumstances on which the movie is based.

Some of ya'll just look for reasons to be grouchy.

Posts: 32522 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m about 45 minutes in and already about to turn it off. Very slow and boring, lots of scenes with just two people talking in closeup, and the near constant background music is annoying.

Posts: 3336 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
I just didn't think it was a very good movie. It is a pretty simple story, told over a very long time. There was very little drama and very little tension... just a straight telling of the story, which I could have read about in a 10 minute article.

There was nothing outstanding about the direction and definitely nothing outstanding about the acting. I am a fan of most of DiCaprio's work but I thought he was fairly bad in this film. His wife was somewhat intriguing but I also kept thinking how could these people be so stupid. Overall, I'd give it maybe 4/10.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10490 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post