SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    "The Fighting Seabees", John Wayne.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"The Fighting Seabees", John Wayne. Login/Join 
posted
Another WWII flick with the "Duke"..

(link)..

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3yzzw0

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am well acquainted. Even 18 year old Seabees have seen this film. I am told it is required viewing for them.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I enjoy seeing it. My maternal grandfather served as a Machinist's Mate in the 87th Seabees in the Pacific in WW2. That had a little influence in me being a US Army Combat Engineer Officer towards the end of the Cold War, and one of my sons serving as a US Army Combat Engineer Officer today.

Posts: 491 | Location: Middle Alabama | Registered: February 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As best I can recall, I was 7 or 8 when I saw the Fighting Seabees, I was crushed when the Duke was killed by a sniper. The Sands of Iwo Jima made me terribly sad also.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post