SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Halt & Catch Fire - AMC TV Series
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Halt & Catch Fire - AMC TV Series Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted
I remember seeing commercials for this back when we had cable years ago.

I'm nearly done with season 3 & still enjoying it, though it's gotten a bit crazy, compared to the first season.

Talking on another forum & apparently Cardiff (season 1) is likened to Compaq in its infancy.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15338 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
We enjoyed this but by the end it kind of dissipated like a smoke ring.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8349 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Love(d) the show. Watched every episode.

Switched recently from Hulu (no AMC) to Sling (several AMC channels) so watching them again.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo Jones:
Switched recently from Hulu (no AMC) to Sling (several AMC channels) so watching them again.

Halt and Catch Fire is also available through Netflix.

Posts: 32521 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Watched it on AMC when it was on, I liked it.
Liked seeing the old tech and how it evolved.

Posts: 22915 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I've seen the title, no idea what it is.

So what's the show about?

Posts: 21106 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:

Computer (manufacturing) business in the early eighties.

Posts: 22915 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:

Fiction. Tech boom in the 80s-90s
Development of PCs & the internet.

Got into season 4 today. Fizzling a bit for me.

Posts: 15338 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
"As The Hard Drive Spins"

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43901 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
One of my all time favorite shows, because I started in the industry during that time. But I didn't really like how it ended.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6046 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I loved the series when I watched it on AMC. Great characters that provided some interesting humanity to the sterile development in the golden age of developing computer and internet technology. No spoilers, but IMHO the end of the series was a realistically depressing confirmation on how much good potential ended up being manipulated to a bad state of affairs we're dealing with now.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10203 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:
I loved the series when I watched it on AMC. Great characters that provided some interesting humanity to the sterile development in the golden age of developing computer and internet technology. No spoilers, but IMHO the end of the series was a realistically depressing confirmation on how much good potential ended up being manipulated to a bad state of affairs we're dealing with now.

Yep. The kid, in season three I think, that said that people will use the internet (social media?) just to hurt each other more. That really stuck out for me.

That is what exactly is happening.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Is there a spin off called “Stop, drop, and roll”?

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
1 episode left & I'll wrap this one up.
Enjoyed it, though this last season has been a bit of a fizzle, overall.

Still would recommend.