SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Marvel Special Presentation "Werewolf By Night" on Disney +
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marvel Special Presentation "Werewolf By Night" on Disney + Login/Join 
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted
So after being massively disappointed by recent marvel Phase 4 stuff, I reluctantly decided to watch the Werewolf By Night special presentation on Disney +:

It was fantastic combining the old 1930-40s horror movies with 1970s comic books! As a comic book nerd of the 1970s and 1980s, I was a fan of mostly Marvel:
1. Captain America
2. SpiderMan
3. Daredevil
4. Got into the supernatural characters such as Werewolf By Night, Hell Rider, and others.

I kind of want a team up of Werewolf (and Ted), Elsa Bloodstone with the Netflix dark Daredevil.

WARNING for younger audiences, lots of "blood" (compared to other Marvel shows) but it is shot in black and white.

Posts: 3937 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
I thought it was really good. I think anyone here that still has Disney would enjoy it.

Posts: 11391 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought it looked interesting compared to some of the other stuff I've seen and a bit more "gory" compared to some other disney stuff. I was intrigued by the trailer and now I'll likely give it a watch. Thanks!

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anubismp:
and a bit more "gory" compared to some other disney stuff

Yep. That's why they shot it in black-and-white, to avoid a Mature rating from the blood and violence.

I thought the darker take was a good change of pace from the usual superhero stuff. Hopefully the new Blade will play into the same trend.

Posts: 32521 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
Watching this took back to Sunday afternoons in the basement watching KSHB 41 creature features with the family.

Glad I watched it.

It also seems to me that it was shot in color and then back and whitecized after the fact. Reverse of the colorization they do to black and white productions.

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was pretty good, I really liked the idea of a group of monster hunters but best of all, "Whoever knows fear burns at the touch of the Man Thing!" I didn't see that coming.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3537 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post