SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    John Wayne's wharf shot in McQ
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

John Wayne's wharf shot in McQ Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
I've always loved this. Colt Python (natch!) 4". I like the way he cocks the hammer for a followup shot. Notice the "Dirty Harry" shot sound effect.

Seattle? Well, Seattle 50 years ago- a different world, when the common man could afford a Python.

Posts: 107685 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I really enjoy Mc Q and Eldorado every time I find them airing. Really should get them on DVD.

Posts: 7541 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The debut of the Mac-10. I have always felt that the best shot the Duke ever made on film was when he shot Johnny Crawford off a rock from aboard his horse in El Dorado. With an SAA. From a great distance.
And the Duke killed a Jaguar XKE with a Colt Diamondback in Brannigan.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16110 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I have always felt that the best shot the Duke ever made on film was when he shot Johnny Crawford off a rock from aboard his horse in El Dorado.

I've sometimes felt I wanted to shoot Johnny Crawford too. Only when the Rifleman was on though.

Posts: 3389 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
Even better - the Duke Driving a Pontiac!

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3872 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
quote:
I have always felt that the best shot the Duke ever made on film was when he shot Johnny Crawford off a rock from aboard his horse in El Dorado.

I've sometimes felt I wanted to shoot Johnny Crawford too. Only when the Rifleman was on though.

Aww, I liked Johnny Crawford.

I have no idea how long it’s been since I’ve seen McQ, decades.

Posts: 13293 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ll have to watch the film again, I thought it was a Diamondback

Posts: 29 | Registered: May 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I remember that scene, watched it just on a couple days ago.
I also liked the machine gun scene at the end.

Posts: 22933 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
In the scene where he gets the Ingram, he's buying a Browning High Power. Nice combo.

He might have gotten the idea from Serpico, which premiered the year before McQ.

Posts: 107685 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
A high-power was on my list for a long time after reading the book and even before seeing the movie.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Jack:"It's not licensed"
McQ: "Neither am I"

Smile

Posts: 22933 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That was his boat.

Posts: 33 | Registered: June 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
quote:

I know you are just joking but if you had ever met Johnny Crawford, you'd feel differently. He was a nice guy.

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
A high-power was on my list for a long time after reading the book and even before seeing the movie.

I was a medical officer in Korea in 1969. One of my duties was to inspect our missile sites up in the mountains. I carried my personal Hi Power, instead of my issued 1911. My reasoning was that if it ever hit the fan, I wanted to be able to pump thirteen rounds north, while I was headed south. My son has it now. It's a mint Austrian police turn-in with a magazine serial numbered to the gun. I paid $75 for it at a 1968 San Antonio gunshow. The guy had a table full of them. I'm guessing it has appreciated some.

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post