SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Anyone looking forward to “The Crow” reboot! ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone looking forward to “The Crow” reboot! ? Login/Join 
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted
Haven’t watched the original in a long time. The music score was excellent.

Might go to the theater tomorrow when it’s released locally.
Hope they made at least a decent and entertaining movie.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt1340094/

Brandon Lee was very good in his final movie, what a loss.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12258 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
No. Brandon Lee was the Crow.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12920 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^ This.

I'll probably watch it, but not in theater.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2783 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
I am actually looking forward to this. Not because I think it'll be any good—I've been in the mood to hate-watch this thing. I am curious. This has been in development hell for over a decade, and I really want to see what finally transpired after all the murmurings over the many years. The trailer looks gawdawful. It can't be any good. It can't!

Posts: 5605 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why? Nobody asked for this. It’s unnecessary.

Posts: 4321 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
I didn't ask for, but I will see. I like Bill Skarsgård, look forward to seeing what he will do.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9415 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Sorry Nicki but HELL NO!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16507 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This thread made me rewatch the original today.

Is that gasoline I smell?

Posts: 3407 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Skarsgard is an underrated actor. He should be really good in the role. His makeup certainly looks good. I'd give it a chance.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18090 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
I never watched the original,

guess I may watch both

https://chandlersfirearms.com/chesterfield-armament/

Posts: 10564 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Wasn’t expecting anything in particular and haven’t rewatched the original in ages.
My only expectations, if any, were placed on an interesting soundtrack. Remember that the original, while not even close to my regular kind of music, was exellent.

Here it’s not the case, but i might be way disconnected from current trends.

Found the story hollow and lacking. While still a basic love story that turns to tradegy, this one is short and shallow.
Nothing worth noting happens before half the movie is gone. You have to wait for the not too fat lady to sing…

We went to a 4d screening. I laughed hard when the fight scenes picked up the pace and my seat started to get rid of me. Shaky cam + shaky seat = hilarious.

If you must see this, wait for streaming.

0-0

Posts: 12258 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen it, but what I've seen from the trailer tells me 1) it's not as faithful to the source material as Lee's, and 2) it's gonna go in the same pile as City of Angels, Salvation, and Wicked Prayer.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16227 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Drinker weighs in. Umm, yeah, I’ll wait for it on some streaming bullshit. Geez.

https://youtu.be/8penX7EMJ8c?si=PIDFTTEePkuPRLjv

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12920 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
Won't watch it at all. The original or bust. The original had an amazing soundtrack too.

Posts: 10192 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
You know, I'll be honest, I didn't hate it. It's slow as all hell and makes some weird unneeded storytelling choices. I found it interesting on how everyone whispers their dialogue through this. It's definitely subtler than the first film. I thought the film looked pretty good. They spent a ton of time setting up that romance, but I still thought Bill Skarsgård had zero chemistry with FKA Twigs. My biggest gripe was that the lead actors were portraying Eric and Shelly from the original story. That just invites unfavorable comparisons. If they did like the sequels and comic series where they could play a different Crow couple, like a Fred and Suzy or whomever, I'd probably view this film in a much more favorable light.

Posts: 5605 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
I agree, the “passionate” couple felt hollow. No chemistry. No sense of loss anywhere.

0-0

Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
Oh, some of the fight scenes are okay but a little uninspired. Like, there's a fight inside of a moving car, but now that we have vehicle fight scenes like in The Raid 2 and The Night Comes for Us, you really need to step up your A-game.

Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kx90:
Won't watch it at all. The original or bust. The original had an amazing soundtrack too.

100% That movie doesn’t need any sequels.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17593 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Every character in the original was memorable and well acted. There’s no way a reboot could live up to that.

Posts: 13826 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post